Browsing: Crafts Using Pringles Cans

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Pringles Cans

These popular chips need the protection of cardboard canisters. This guide is about crafts using Pringles cans.

Crafts Using Pringles Cans
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 6, 2015 Flag

I have some tall Pringles cans. I saved them for a specific purpose, but the church is not able to use them. I hate to toss them in the trash. Any ideas as to craft uses would be wonderful. I will be using 3 for bird seed feeders, but that leaves over 50! Please help.
Thanks a bunch!

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know I like to transfer any good I buy that comes in a bag into a firm container: beans, rice, pasta, etc.

You could also punch a few holes in the top and add some live herbs sprigs, hanging into the container to dry them safely.

How about storing craft supplies in them? Crochet hooks, etc.... Crayons and colored pencils always need a good home when the box tears apart. Take the lid off and put it on the bottom and you'll have a place for knitting needles. If you knit or crochet you can make a hole in the plastic lid, pull your yarn through and put the lid back on the container. This will keep the yarn ball clean and knot free and out of Kitty's reach.

August 31, 2011 Flag

I am looking for suggestions on how to use 2 dozen Pringle cans and a couple hundred assorted sizes of prescription medicine bottles. This collection is added to constantly so I have an unlimited supply and I've run out of ideas. Please send me lots of suggestions; I don't want to just recycle them, that seems wasteful. I'd like to use them somehow.

By LittleNana-3 from Sun City, CA

I painted a santa face on the top side of the can. then covered the can with a piece of old quilt. Put the doll hair or you can tear strips of fabric to make the hair and beard. Make a hat if you want and slip down over the top of the can Then you have and old country Santa. Turned out real cute.

I use the pringle boxes to store my paint brushes. I decorate the box and it stores the brushes nicely. The bottles from the meds are used to store beads and other craft items. I also wash the little bottles and put condiments into them when making my daughters lunch..the perfect size.

Check this out for something to do with the bottles. http://bottlesofhope.org/

My Mother covered a couple with contact paper from the dollar store, and stored her knitting needles in them. I just thought about this one. We save pop tabs for Ronald McDonald house, so the Pringles cans could be covered with paper and make a tag with a cute design, to tape on it with the wide shipping tape. Cut a hole in lid large enough to slip tabs through. Would be a good craft for kids to do.

Where my Husband works the guys would see him pop the tabs off his cans every day. So finally one of them asked why he did that. He told them and the next day they all tossed their tabs in his lunch bucket. They started saving them at home and bringing them into him. I am getting me some Pringle's tomorrow.

Read More Answers...

October 26, 2009 Flag

Does anyone out there know about any craft activities for Pringles cans? I thought that someone once told me about a kaleidoscope that could be made with a Pringles can. Any suggestions or websites? Anything? My son would love to recycle them. Thanks.

By Val from OH

Cover the pringle box with tapestry paper . Use as a crochet hook or small knitting needle container.

Pringle Can Backpack Organizer

How many times has your child come home with precious art work smashed or torn from being stuffed inside a backpack? Let your child make a backpack organizer out of a used Pringle can. Clean the can out very carefully. Wrap the can with pretty scrapbook paper or construction paper. Let your child decorate using stickers, glitter glue or foam shapes. When you child goes to school, she can roll the artwork up and place it inside the can for easy and safe transportation.

Read more: http://kidscrafts.suite101.com/arti ... easure_crafts_for_kids#ixzz0VH5HjTRo

also try here

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/po ... Chip_and_Peanut_Container_Crafts.htm

Cover Pringles can with contact paper or wrapping paper that would match your bedroom or bathroom. We use one as a hair scrunchy holder (slip the hair scrunchies over the top on the outside) and store hair clips, etc. inside.

We also use one to store dog "poop" bags for cleaning up the backyard.

There are numerous ideas on this webiste using Pringles cans. Here's the link and have fun making things: http://www.makingfriends.com/readers_pringles.htm

July 2, 2012 Flag

Pringles can straw dispenser in the shape of an ice cream soda.I have been making straw holders/dispensers from empty Pringles containers (or the cheaper version of Pringles). I wanted to make them look like ice-cream sodas. My inspiration came for a 50s wedding that I was helping with. This is what I came up with.

Materials:

Instructions:

1. I painted tin white (just in case paper was a bit see through. If using a heavy quality scrapbook paper you could probably skip this step.
    2. I then painted the rims a pink colour as well.
    3. Wrap tin with paper of choice. I used pink and black stripes and also polka dot paper.
    4. You need a wooden skewer and a foam/polystyrene ball. Stab the ball with the skewer and slide on.
    5. You will then need to stab/slide on a "cherry". I didn't have any fake cherries so I used a red paper ball and glued a stick/stem into it.
    6. Then stab the ball from the side top to add half a straw for decoration.
    7. Cover the polystyrene ball with glue and stick hobby fill all over it. This makes the fluffy milkshake.
    8. Cut the bottom off a 600ml water bottle (or equivalent/whatever fits).
    9. Make a hole in the centre bottom. Poke the bottom of your skewer through it and hot glue. This forms the "lift" and holder for the straws.
    10. Extra embellishment - wrap the skewer with ribbon, spray glue the hobby fill/fluff and sprinkle some hot pink glitter on the top. Wrap a bow or add a "straws" label and Da Da you are done! It looks great. So cute and practical.
    11. Source: original idea from igottacreate.com

By Rebecca from Ipswich, Queensland, Australia

August 31, 2009 Flag

Pringles Can Pencil ToteA nifty storage container made from an empty drink mix container. A great way for kids to carry or store pencils, pens or markers. Also a neat idea for storing craft supplies, small toys, sewing accessories, crochet hooks, etc.

Approximate Time: 25 minutes

Pringles Can Pencil Tote

Instructions:

Remove label from plastic drink mix container. You can also use an empty Pringles chip container for this project. The chip container will obviously hold more items as well as taller items!

Punch 2 holes on each side of the container approximately 1/2 inch down from the top edge. Use a paper punch if the container is paper or pierce the side of the container with the point of a nail or sharp scissors.

Measure the length of the container as well as the circumference. Cut a piece of paper or fabric according to these measurements. Apply glue to the outside of the container and attach the paper/fabric covering. Be careful to smooth out any wrinkles before the glue dries.

The paper will have covered the punched out holes so you will need to re-punch the holes by sticking a nail back through the opening. Once the holes are open again, insert the string, cording or ribbon through the hole. Best to insert the cording from the outside in. Tie a knot to secure, the knot will be on the inside of the container. Thread the loose end of the cording through the remaining hole, again from outside in and tie another knot.

Place items inside the container and place the lid on top. The outside of the container can be labeled as to content or a child's name can be put on the outside to personalize.

These containers also can be used for the giving of small gifts. Cover with holiday gift wrap and place a bow on top! An inexpensive yet charming way to give a gift. Pringles Can Pencil Tote

By Pam from McMinnville, TN

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersDecember 19, 2012
    Tuna Cans
    Uses for Tuna Cans
    Coffee Can as Pencil Holder
    Recycled Coffee Can Crafts
    Tin Can Frog
    Tin Can Animal Crafts
    Pringles can.
    Uses for Pringles Cans
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 28, 2016 at 11:06:03 PM on 10.0.1.131 in 922 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.