Uses for Pringles Cans

Category Reusing
Pringles cans have great craft or storage potential. This is a guide about uses for Pringles cans.

This is a helpful tip when children become ill either when traveling or at home. Save empty large soft margarine tubs. Take a plastic Ziploc type storage bag and insert in the margarine tab folding down the top of the bag all around the tub. Place some folded paper towels in the bottom. If your child becomes car sick, he/she can use the tub/storage bag to throw up in. Then when done, all that needs to be done is zip up the bag and throw it away.

This works well at home too if your child is sick. Your child can have a tub/storage bag container in his bed, which will alleviate the need to get up to run to bathroom and hang over a toilet which cannot be too sanitary. It also alleviates a lot of mess. We used this "trick" for our kids when they were growing up, and my husband and I use it for ourselves too.

By Sally from Pittsburgh

A great way to store spaghetti is in a full-sized Pringles can. I wiped out the empty can with a damp paper towel to remove any oil and salt.

I was able to fit 2 whole bags of spaghetti into the can. The can is the perfect height and the lid still fits. You could wrap the can in decorative paper or contact paper to make it look pretty.

By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA

Besides making the solar hot dog cooker that I've seen on several sites, I use Pringles containers for storing the plastic bags we get from stores. Then, I have a portable dispenser for plastic bags to store in car, hunting and fishing gear, and for gardening (for holding produce while harvesting and for gifting excess produce to others).

By Clydecito from Western Kansas

Use an empty Pringles can to store dry spaghetti, no need to worry about keeping the opened bag or box closed. An added plus is that the lid is see through plastic so no need to open it, as you can see how much you have left.

By Eileen from Yorktown, VA

I bought these crackers today at Grocery Outlet. I love that store because you almost always save more than you spend. But, I digress.

When I was done with my Pringles can, I realized that they fit in it. I mean it's tight, but pressing on the rim just a hair to let them slide in helps. They are so secure you could probably ship them, but certainly they would survive the trip to the park or the beach.

Hope that helps!

Source: None

Link: N/A

If you have a child who get carsick, the best container to use for the incident is a Pringles can. Saves a big mess and easy to store until properly disposed of.

My children and I use them to make solar hot dog cookers. Cut out a rectangle the less than half the size of the can but large enough to let lots of sun shine through, put clear oven bag cut to size over the hole (or clear acetate) and tape it in place.

Pringles cans are great for storing dog poop bags. Fill up a few cans with bags, then keep one in your car, one in a hiking backpack, and one by the back door.

Previously it was mentioned to use Pringles cans to store cookies or to give them as presents. I go a little further. I have friends and family in the service, many are deployed overseas.

Using Pringles can to wrap Christmas lights is even better than tubes they don't bend. And you can store extra lights inside.

How many times has your child come home with precious art work smashed or torn from being stuffed inside a backpack? Let your child make a backpack organizer out of a used Pringles can.

I've found another use for a Pringles can. I recently injured my back and have nerve damage in my foot and leg. My foot burns constantly and the muscles in my lower leg are pretty well shot.

I keep crochet and knitting needles in them.

I used them for napkins and plastic tableware for picnics. It help keep out insects and dirt.

Save those stack potato chip cans! Decorate them as you please, using contact paper, spray paint, or decoupage and use them for gift giving. There are perfect for baked goods such as cookies, popcorn, etc.

My husband loves Pringles. I would like to put these empty cans to good uses. Any ideas?

By JustJan from Houston, TX

Answers

Well you really have a lot of good uses for those cans. But you can actually wash out the cans,and decorate them with construction paper, and then fill them with what you think your friend or family member would like, to serve as a gift. You also have the choice of recycling them.

When I have a few minutes spare I cut out circles and squares of parchment or greaseproof paper to fit various baking tins and then roll and store them in Pringles cans. Saves time and hassle when you want to bake.
Marg from England.

When my girls were in preschool they used Pringles cans for transporting their papers home at the end of the week. Each child had their own Pringles can...washed it out, decorated it and added a string for a handle. It worked great!

I used to store my artist paintbrushes in them.

This tip would work great for glass artists. Use them to store glass rods for flame working. They could be laid on their side and stacked (wine rack style) connected securely so they be plenty strong. Each color rod could have its' own can.

Make a winter/Christmas scene by cutting an arched shape on one side near the bottom. Cover outside of can with white paint, add glitter if desired. Hot glue trim around cut out area.
Use a section of an old Christmas card as the background of the scene, add miniature figures, such as deer, Santa, trees, etc...hot glue to inside base of can. If desired, you can add a small glass candle holder with a tea candle. Makes a pretty creche or winter scene. Be careful if you light the candle and don't leave it unattended.

I have a ton of small plastic pringles containers. They are from the individual sized portions. Any fun ideas of what to do with them?

Margaret-mek from Jersey

Answers

1. Use them to hold and sort small craft items, like beads, buttons, shells, etc...
2. Use them as mini paint pans.
3. Make a pincushion (for gifts?): stuff with cotton battting (or even cotton balls) cover with a circle of fabric, glue to inside of container. Decorate as desired.
4. Decorate and use as a coin holder, (gift?).
5. Last, but not least, use them to hold snacks for bag lunches...maybe more Pringles...(save money buying the regular size can )- and refill as needed!

We used the large cans for this idea, but it would work for the smaller ones too. If you have young children who like to paint, cut a piece of paper to size to fit inside the side of the can. It should go around the entire wall of the inside of the can. Drop a marble in some paint. Scoop out the marble, drop it in the can and put the lid on. Roll the can on its side and it makes a really neat design. You can put in 2 marbles dipped in different colors at the same time too.

What about a small bank for a small child? Take a piece of paper to fit around can, let them decorate the way they want, glue paper onto can. Then you can cut a slit/hole in the lid for them to put money in. Little ones do not want to keep their money very long, from my experience anyway. This would be a good size for them.

Sell them to me! I have been searching for those darn things for a while now.

I would love to have some! My six-year-old daughter loves to take Pringles in her lunch and the small cans you can get anywhere are still rather large. I have been looking and looking for the little individual serving plastic cases after seeing them at a friend's house and cannot find them anywhere! Do you know where you got them? If so, please let me know, and seriously, if you decide to part with them, let me know!

karen-knust AT usa.net

Thanks!

Anonymous

Ive seen the school lunch bag travel case carries for Pringles at dollar stores n or walmart n target

I wondered how you can use it for school?

By Jane

Answers

Wash very well and air out. It can be used to hold pencils, pens, colors, colored pencils, small pieces of games.

Anything you can think of can be stored in them, tennis balls, hair clips anything.

Here are some uses for Pringles cans.

Pringles cans work well for storing small toys and tennis balls. They work well to store clean (or still being used) paint rollers and small paint brushes. They are also the perfect size for storing home baked cookies.

Post your ideas below!

Answers:

Potato Chip Cans (Pringles)

Save those stack potato chip cans! Decorate them as you please, (contact paper, spray paint, decoupage, anything goes) and use them for gift giving such as cookies, popcorn, etc. Also good for storing pasta of any kind.

By Gayle (06/02/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Pringles Cans

I used them for napkins and plastic tableware for picnics (07/05/2006)

By WIsgal

Uses for Pringles Cans

I had only used them for pens and pencils, but I love the idea to use them for homemade cookies! (07/05/2006)

By kimmcg

Uses for Pringles Cans

I used one once to make a pillar candle and it came out great. (07/05/2006)

By Ziggee

Uses for Pringles Cans

I keep crochet and knitting needles in them. :o) (07/06/2006)

By feemayl

Uses for Pringles Cans

My children and I use them to make solar hot dog cookers. Cut out a rectangle less than half the size of the can, but large enough to let lots of sun shine through, put clear oven bag cut to size over the hole (or clear acetate) and tape it in place. Poke a hole in the center of the lid, and in the center of the bottom. Insert a skewer. Ta-da! A hot dog solar cooker. To use it, put the skewer through the hole in the bottom of the can, poke it through a hot dog and then through the hole in the lid. Place in the bright sun for an hour or so, and you have a nice little lunch or snack, have done an educational project and not used any power, except from the sun! (07/06/2006)

By teachpad

Uses for Pringles Cans

I wonder if they would be good to store spaghetti in? (07/07/2006)

By laura_brown

Uses for Pringles Cans

I use the pringles cans to store knitting and crochet needles (07/08/2006)

By 4patty

Uses for Pringles Cans

I heard they are good for extending the range of your wireless network. (07/09/2006)

By Rod Read

Uses for Pringles Cans

I have a home daycare and use them to store all kinds of craft things. Also, you can fill with your own potato chips for outings and picnics and they won't get crushed. I squirt a little dish soap inside, put on the lid, shake, rinse, and you are all set. (08/14/2006)

By suzi_homemaker01

Uses for Pringles Cans

They make great molds for homemade soap too. Easy to remove the soap after it is set and makes great round bars of soap. (09/28/2006)

By trbrown22

Uses for Pringles Cans

Thank you for the great tips. My hubby is on a Pringles kick, and so many cans go to the trash. I will
use a few of these tips. (10/16/2006)

By meoowmom

Uses for Pringles Cans

Teachers can use Pringles cans to store pieces of paper for reading games, spelling games, or math games; cover the can with construction paper and put a label on it. Cut strips of paper writing the words or numbers on the paper, inserting them in the can. We use them for reading words in kindergarten; we call it "bang". We put a strip of paper with the word "bang" written in red; each child draws a word and reads it; if they draw a "bang" piece of paper, they draw again; the winner is the child with the most "bang" strips and has read all the words they chose. The winner receives a prize from the treasure box! (07/06/2007)

By WandaJo

Uses for Pringles Cans

Some great ideas. My kids will love to decorate them and give cookies or whatever to the teachers this Christmas. (09/25/2008)

Uses for Pringles Cans

We use them to store an open sleeve of Ritz Crackers to keep them nice and fresh. (12/07/2008)

By Russ

Uses for Pringles Cans

My husband uses them as a disposal for his diabetic testing strips and lancets. I use them to wind Christmas tree light strings around. One string to a can, and no more tangling. I use the lid when grilling as a spoon rest. Fill a can with dry dog food when going camping, just about enough for a weekend (depending on the size of your dog). (03/22/2009)

By Jude39

Uses for Pringles Cans

If you make CP or MandP soap, they make a great round mold! (03/22/2009)

By Jo*la

Uses for Pringles Cans

I have seen them prettily covered in paper and then holes pierced around in rows (or how you wish), then used to store/display earrings (pierced). Very pretty. (03/23/2009)

By popet

Uses for Pringles Cans

I have found that when making flower arrangements on the cones, the cones fit perfectly in a Pringles can and allows my hands to be free to arrange my flowers. They are also handy to transport the flower arrangements in. Hope this will help someone. (03/23/2009)

By nannyglen