DIY Magnetic Container from Recycled Pringles Can

Rather than spend a lot on a small magnetic storage or display container to have on the fridge, make one yourself from a Pringles canister. This page has instructions and photos to help you create your own.

This magnetic cylinder craft is made from a Pringles can. Check out the last photo, it is the comparison of the one I used as an example and the actual ad for two of these on line with a cost of 8.99. You are making out of something you were going to recycle.

Total Time: 20mins

Yield: 1

• 1 empty Pringles can
  • X-Acto knife
  • Scotch tape
  • 1 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper
  • Contac paper
  • 1 small magnet

1. This magnetic cylinder craft is made from a Pringles can. First empty the Pringles can and wipe it out. Then decide how tall you want your container.
  2. Ad

3. Fold an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in 1/2 and wrap it around the cylinder. Hold it in place to mark a straight line.
  4. Using an X-Acto knife carefully cut along the line you've made. Separate the two pieces.
  5. Now without the heavy rim the lid won't fit snugly so use your X-Acto knife again and cut the silver rim off the remaining cylinder.
  6. Next rotate the rim on the cylinder until it looks like it fits flush no gaps secure it in place with a piece of Scotch tape around four places like 12 o'clock 3, 6, and 9. Once it's secured take a piece of Scotch tape and run it on the inside of the rim all around the edge basically this is finished with the exception of decoration.
  7. To decorate or finish it you can use construction paper, paint, stickers, or use Contac paper like I did to finish the outside of the cylinder. I laid the cylinder on the edge of the Contac paper, marked it, and cut. Then I applied it to the outside of the cylinder.
  8. Lastly use any type of magnet that you might have laying around and glue it on the bottom.
  9. Do not throw the leftover cylinder away it can be used for many other crafting projects you have saved yourself a bundle. This is the comparison to the one I used as an example. This is the actual ad for two of these on-line. The cost is $8.99 and you are making out your's of something you were going to recycle.

What do you do with the cylinders when up on the refridge?

I store boxtops stamps that go to the school And I store a little plastic tabs off a loaf of bread and the twisty ties various things- Please vote for my submission though OK this is a really cool makeover dont you think

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersAugust 7, 2019
🐛
📓
🌻