Craftsman Mower Won't Prime But Runs Otherwise

I have a Craftsman 6.5 hp. This model has a fuel line from gas tank to carb. The carburetor has a bowl on it. Primer bulb worked fine before I took the carb off to clean it. The motor would sputter, lose power, and then die. I cleaned it with Gumout carb and choke cleaner and cleaned the bowl.

I have replaced the fuel line, bowl O ring, gasket between the carb and air filter assy, air filter, and primer bulb. It turns out the mower shop sold me the wrong gasket. I have the correct one in now, but the Briggs motor is still not priming. The motor runs great after I manually prime it. It won't start unless I spray gas into the carb. Then it runs fine. I don't know what else to try.

By John

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

6.5 craftman mower won't prime. It doesn't run.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMay 28, 2011
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Optimus Prime Costume (The Transformers)
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:27:43 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.