Cub Cadet Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

Category Lawn Mowers
Troubleshooting the reason your mower won't start is a process that hopefully gets you back to mowing soon. This is a guide about Cub Cadet riding lawn mower won't start.

I have a Cub Cadet riding lawn mower that won't start or turn over. It worked fine last week when I used it. What could the problem be?

The switch is under the seat. You can try disconnecting it and re-connecting it.

Please see Cub Cadet's help sheet on this problem:

http://www.cubc … revised_5_19.pdf

Have you checked the fuse?

If still having a problem you can ask your question on this site:

http://www.cubc … cadet/contact-us

Manuals:

http://www.cubc … perators-manuals

https://power.k … /engines/manuals

I have a 2186 Cub Cadet lawn tractor. It will not start. It has a new battery and iginition switch.

I put the positive cable on negative terminal and put the negative on the positive by mistake. I reversed the cables and now they are on the right way. It will not start. What do I do next?

By Willaim

My Cub Cadet, single cylinder B&S will turn over when the plug is pulled, but dead heads when plug is installed. Any ideas?

By Al

I replaced the starter solenoid and still get the clicking sound. The volt meter shows low voltage on the low voltage side. Anyone know the cause of this?

By Charlie

I have a 1989 Cub Cadet riding lawnmower. I just replaced the condenser and coil and it burned out after 10 minutes. What would cause this?

By Nathan S. from Bark River, MI

I have a commercial Cub Cadet recon Zero Turn and it won't start. When I turn the ignition it won't click, a few days ago it ran just fine then all of a sudden it won't even click. I've checked the plugs and battery and they are OK. Please give me some guidance.

By B. McMullen

My Cub Cadet riding mower won't turn over at all. It doesn't make a sound.

By Robert from Sanford, NC

The starter cord is locked on my Cub Cadet with Briggs & Stratton engine. I got one season of good mowing. This season it was hard to start and when I finally got it going it locked up after 1/2 of my large yard. I turned the mower off and on several times over the course of mowing the yard to dump grass and pick up dog poop.

Pulling cord was getting more and more difficult to pull. It would jerk and halt, but the mower would ultimately start. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't pull an inch. I took the cover off and removed the pulley unit. The pulley moves fine when removed, but flanges (?) come out and lock against ridges in the unit when mounted and the cord is pulled.

The gas is full, oil clean and full, and there is no grass impedance. The choke and hand lever seem to be functioning normally, but took fussing with them to start the first time. Now nothing will unlock the cord because pulling engages the metal "wings" on the pulley unit and they lock against metal notches in the mounting cylinder.

By Elisabeth from Placerville, CA

Answers:

Cub Cadet Mower Won't Start

Take it back to where you got it or to a shop, good luck. (04/14/2010)

By kffrmw88

Cub Cadet Mower Won't Start

I asked my hubby and he said to take the spark plug out and then try to pull the rope. It should pull easy then. If it still doesn't, that means something is locked up. Try this, it might help. Or, as Hubby said, it might be a lot of other things. This is one idea to try. Hope it's the one! (04/14/2010)

By TeresaKay