Decorating Glass Plates

Category Glass Art
Decorating Glass Plates
A fun project with paint or sewing notions is creating a decorative plate. This guide is about decorating glass plates.

A good idea for a Christmas craft for kids to do is to make a picture and then buy a clear plate. I found some at a craft store for around 1.00 each. Put the picture on the plate and use Mod Podge to seal it. After it is dry, you can fill it with cookies and give as a gift. Makes a great gift for grandparents.

By Lori from Dallas, TX

Using watered down glue and pretty pieces of fabric you can make these lovely plates to give as gifts or decorate you own home. This is a guide about fabric covered decorative glass plates.

Fabric Covered Decorative Glass Plate

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Where can I buy glass craft plates?

By Patricia

Have you checked in craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Several years ago I found them at WalMart, but that was back in the mid-nineties. You could also check in thrift stores.

Local dollars store should have all kinds and inexpensive too.

Good tips. You can also find inexpensive frames at thrift shops and use the glass. If you don't need the frame, why not donate it back or embellish them and sell them?

PBP

I received a handprint plate from my grandson at Christmas and was told the painted image will wash off and that I need to find out how to seal it properly so that it might be washed. What can I use to preserve this precious gift?

By Bee

Glass plates only... you can put them in the oven on low heat for about half an hour & leave it in the oven till oven & plate are both cool. If not maybe a hardware store can sell you a spray to keep it sealed. If it has your Grand sons art on it. I wouldn't use it. I'd put it in a display cabinet on a plate holder to save for ever.

I am looking for free instructions on how to make a decorative glass plate using fabric.

I want to know how to transfer pictures onto glass plates. Do I use Inkjet copies or regular photos? Any another ideas appreciated.

Are you talking about just using Elmer's white glue?

By Susan

I want to learn to place a real photo on the back of a clear glass plate. I would like for it to look artful, not smeared.
What's the trick?

By Manuel