Deterrent For Snakes

Will salt get rid of snakes?

By saddles

Deterrent For Snakes

Don't know about salt, but try sulfur. My grandmother used it when I was a child, she would sprinkle it around the edge of the yard. (09/17/2009)

By roadgypsygranny

Deterrent For Snakes

Sprinkle mothballs along edge of backyard close to wooded area and around perimeter of yard; that is basically all that the stuff called "Snake Away" is. (09/18/2009)

By indianlady

Deterrent For Snakes

Snakes don't like the smell of marigolds. Plant them around the edge of the yard as a border. I did this and it really worked for me, There were a lot of snakes in my yard at one time. Since I planted the marigolds I might see 1 a year. You could possibly set pots of marigolds out, too. Since it's the smell they don't like it might work just as well. (09/19/2009)

By kimjkrueger

Deterrent for Snakes
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
Deterring Snakes
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes