Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

Diatomaceous Earth is a safe and effective way to get rid of bugs such as; centipedes, silverfish, spiders, etc. I sprinkle it in my closets, under sinks, in the basement, along baseboards, in the garage or any place you have had bugs.

By Christa

Answers:

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

DE certainly is good for bug control. Just be sure it's the type you can buy in organic gardening stores, etc., and not the more highly processed kind used in some swimming pool filtration systems.

(07/08/2004)

By Kathleen

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

I can attest to that. I've used it for years to kill ants outside. And I sprinkle it around my house to keep bugs from coming in. You can get it in bags at a nursery. It's all natural and safe for pets. It's literally ground up sea shells and it dehydrates the insects, ie: it sucks the life moisture out of their bodies. (07/08/2004)

By Vicki

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

Works for snails, too. Pour a border around plantings and snails can't/won't cross over it. (07/08/2004)

By Linda

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

Amazon.com has it.
I couldn't find diatomaceous earth in any gardening shop in all Miami, They were like WTF? when I asked for it. I got rid of bedbugs and roaches forever with it. Ut is incredibly effective and cheap. RAID and that kind of stuff are energy food for the bugs.
(08/09/2005)

By Anon

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

You may be able to find it at the pool store. My husband uses it in the filter, and when we discovered we had a bedbug problem, he found out the diatomaceous earth would work. It was the only thing that did work, but it took a year and a 1/2 for the nightmare to be over (08/21/2005)

By Rachel

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

Make sure you use food grade diatamaceous earth and not pool grade DE in your house. Pool grade DE can be dangerous if you inhale it. (04/08/2008)

By dragon

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Buying Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
🎉
🎄