Dog Peeing on Couch

I have a 5 year old dog and she has been great. Until this past weekend she has been peeing on the couch. Since Saturday and Sunday she has peed on the couch at least 5 times. I don't know if it is a behavior or medical problem. I would take her out to pee and she would pee on the stairs before we would make it to the grass.

The only logical thing to me is that my boyfriend and I were arguing and maybe she feels what I am feeling and is peeing because she is emotionally stressed. Another incident she peed on my father and my dad helped me raise her when she was a pup. She always warmed up great to my dad when he would come over until my sister bought a new dog. I am not sure what it is because it could me a number of things. Please help me...

Chasityt, San Antonio TX

Answers:

Dog Peeing on Couch

It sounds like your dog might have a urinary tracht infection. You will need to follow her around and catch some of her urine in a container. The vet told us to use an old soup ladle. Take it to your vet. They can check it and tell you. Our dog had the same problem. After going to the vet, no more wet spots. (08/16/2005)

By sandy

Dog Peeing on Couch

It sounds like a urinary tract infection. Get her to the vet ASAP. (08/16/2005)

By Maryeileen

Dog Peeing on Couch

Perhaps it is a kidney or urinary infection. Not all animals belong outside, and one other post just verged on fanatic. I'll decline as to say which one. I knew someone who ran a dog kennel and sometimes if the dog was going through stress. Stress can be a visitor that stays for a while, kids if she is not used to them, a new pet, or if you had more than one if that pet has passed away or was given to a new home.. if you changed brands of dog food, either kibble or wet or if you have been givng her some 'treat' she has never had... but try looking online, and if no luck ask your vet for suggestions. Good luck. (08/17/2005)

By KLS8800

Dog Peeing on Couch
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎉
🎄