Dog Pooping in My Bed

I am the owner of a mini Pinscher. He has developed the habit of (for lack of a better word) pooping in my bed. They are only small ones that look like they've slipped out? Frankly, I'm just disgusted with the whole problem. Does anyone know a way I can get him to stop?

Grossed out from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Dog Pooping in My Bed

I am a big proponent of crates. Crate your dog at night until he can control himself. My daughter crated her dog from the beginning and now she will sleep with her and no accidents. Look up crating online, there is a bunch of info on it. (02/24/2006)

By Irish

Dog Pooping in My Bed

Check with your vet, there is sometimes a medical problem for lack of control of bowels. (if just small ones), is this unusual size for the dog? if it is it may be a medical problem. Also, don't feed the dog late in the afternoon, this may help also. I also sleep with my small dog, and this is what I would do first. If these came out clear, then, I would crate the animal, (let him know what he did first), or I keep mine in the bathroom with paper to use at night, if they can't control themselves, and there is no medical reasons for it. (02/25/2006)

By Glinda

Dog Pooping in My Bed

Find out what's wrong. If the dog checks out physically at the vet's then think what emotional changes might have happened. Think about anything that has changed in the house. Is the dog taken outside enough to go to the bathroom? If this is something new then you need to find out what has changed. There's a reason for it. Dogs don't deliberately do things just to make us mad. If anything they do everything they can to please us. (02/25/2006)

By Vic

Dog Pooping in My Bed

Min Pins are prone to be attached to one specific person. If there has been a new addition to the family or you are spending less time with him, they will do that as kind of a dominance issue. My husband used to have a Min Pin and when we got married, he started doing the same thing by using the bathroom in the floor at night. We had to start putting him in a crate. (02/28/2006)

By Rachel

Dog Pooping in My Bed

He's probably not pooping on purpose. My Jack Russel started this at 5 years old. I caught her in the act as she was sleeping on my lap and a little ball of hard poop just rolled off of me. I brought her to the vet and he said irritable bowel syndrome, but it's not messy. (11/22/2007)

By Th Mster

Close up image at face level of a yellow labrador retriever laying on it's back on a bed with blue sheets
Dog Pooping in My Bed
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄