Draining Canned Tuna

Removing the oil or water from canned fish is usually done before using it in recipes. This guide is about draining canned tuna.

Filter Sort

Question: Draining a Can of Tuna

By Onesummer 219 17

What is the best way to drain a small can of tuna?

Onesummer

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Judy = Oklahoma 60 750 Flag

My can opener lifts the top off instead of cutting it out, so I can't use the lid to drain the tuna. I have one of the sieve-things but can't ever find it when I need it! But I DO have a drinking glass that has a bottom that is the same size as the can opening. I put the glass in the can, tip the can sideways over the sink & push the glass down until it drains.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Draining Canned Tuna

By B 2

I have struggled with an easy way to drain the liquid off of a can of tuna. Usually I just use the lid of the tin to press the liquid out, but it rarely gets it dry enough for my taste. I searched everywhere to find something more efficient, but it was right in my utensil drawer all along! Its a metal lemon squeezer! I just put the contents of the can in the inside part of the squeezer, press the top part of the handle down and squeeze until it's as dry as I want it. You may have to stop to push some of the tuna back in that comes out around the edges, but it works great.

Directions:

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Device for Draining Canned Tuna

By cate0330 1

There is a little device, sort of like the garlic press, made especially for draining canned tuna. It fits right over the opening, push handle down and fully drained to your liking. Most grocery stores, around my location, have them down the canned tuna aisle. If not, I'm sure you can locate one on Amazon.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Open can of tuna.
    Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceFebruary 7, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Tuna Cans
    Uses for Tuna Cans
    Tuna Dip
    Tuna Dip Recipes
    Tuna Wrap
    Tuna Wrap Recipes
    Tuna Tetrazzini
    Tuna Tetrazzini Recipes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2016 at 11:41:13 PM on 10.0.1.191 in 931 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings