Making Tuna Boats
Tuna boats are a delicious alternative to traditional tuna sandwiches. This is a page about making tuna boats
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Tuna and avocados with a twist :-)
- 1 (12 oz.) can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (the other half seeded and sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted (remove halves from the skin with a large spoon)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, green onions, chopped bell pepper half and vinegar in a bowl. Season with pepper and garlic salt and pack the avocado halves with the tuna mixture. Serve with cucumbers and remaining bell pepper slices on the side.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
- 2 cans drained tuna
- 4 hard boiled eggs (diced)
- 1/2-3/4 cup cubed Velveeta cheese (to your taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced olives (to taste)
- salad dressing
- 1 pkg. hot dog buns
Mix above ingredients as tuna salad. May add pickles, celery, onion or whatever you like in tuna salad. Place mixture in hot dog buns. Wrap in foil and bake in oven 300 degrees F for 25-30 minutes to warm and melt cheese.
By Robin from Washington, IA