Easter Egg Hunt Ideas

Category Games
If you are planning to have your own Easter egg hunt or are planning on for an organization you belong to, coming up with fun ideas can be a challenge. This is a guide containing Easter egg hunt ideas.

I had forgotten this until I read an article on another site. We use to hide our children's Easter Baskets and they would have to hunt for them. Being 5 children, if they found someone else's, they were not allowed to say that. They had to leave it where it was.

One year, our youngest child's basket was hidden in the fireplace (of course the fireplace was clean) and she was the last one to find hers. She was getting pretty jumpy, thinking the Easter Bunny didn't leave her anything until we began playing hot and cold with her. It was so funny to see her retrieve her basket from the fireplace.

Oh those wonderful memories of times gone by. They just last a lifetime. So try it; you may find you will have some wonderful memories later on when they become older.

By Gem from VA

We would go to my daughter's for Easter and the fun began with dyeing Easter eggs the night before. Then we started hiding their baskets and put clues in the plastic eggs. They had to follow the clues to find their baskets. The eggs were numbered so they had to follow them in sequence. They had a blast looking for their baskets and look forward to it every year now.

For our Easter Egg Hunt last year, we hid them outside even though it was a bit on the cold side. Our 5 year old grandson Mason didn't care. We hid them first and then he hid them as he loves to have us find them.

We colored them together and discussed each one that way he remembered more of them for the hunt. He would say "oh gramma I haven't found the one with the stars on it yet" as he looked through his basket.

We take lots of pictures and build lots of memories for his future this way along with having a total ball at the time.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Anonymous

I love what you do with your grand babies and this is such a cute photo! Thumbs up :-)

We color and hide Easter eggs every year for our 4 children to find Easter morning. Early on when we only had 2, we found one always found more then the other and a lovely morning quickly turned into a fight! So I started assigning a colored string of yarn draped throughout the house with Easter eggs hidden along the way per child. Each child has to follow their own color and as they follow the winding trail behind couches, under tables, and over TVs, they also collect their eggs and it all leads to their Easter baskets. The kids love waking up to the mess of yarn in the living room and no one argues about who got more eggs!

By mae11197 from Branford, FL

Maybe I'm just a mean ole mom but I've always taught my children that all things can't be equal all the time. Sometimes Billy got the latgest "half" of the sandwich, sometimes Glenn did. They need to learn that just because your brother or sister gets something doesn't mean your going to get the same thing. Don't we all learn that?

To avoid jealousy and hard feelings at an Easter Egg Hunt for your kids or grandkids, use all the same color eggs for each person. Example: blue for Joey, pink for Amy, yellow, green and purple for other kids, etc.

My children enjoy easter egg hunts, but when it was too cold outside to have it, I would take jellybeans, and hide them inside instead of using the colored eggs.

Go on an Easter egg hunt at the flea market. I did this one year for my Easter display. I looked at every booth for any kind of Easter egg (ceramic, glass, porcelain, etc.).

All year, I secretly save up little trinkets from the dime machine, or the quarter machine, and store them away for Easter.

I would like to do a scavanger hunt for my girlfriend's kids for Easter, instead of just giving them Easter baskets. Does anyone have any ideas for some clues. I will probably do it inside the house since it is still cold outside.

Laura

TRY a TREASURE HUNT instead. The end PRize being their Easter Baskets. If you hide eggs the first clue could be hidden inside one of those plastic eggs(maybe yu could decorate it with tube paints first so it is SPECIAL) The clue should be simple, Dr. Suess - like rhymes that cripiticly lead to the next clue. ( Example : on a treasure hunt where the clues are hidden : #1 in egg, #2 taped under kitchen table, #3 under childs pillow, #4 in refrigerator, #5 in bath tub// the clues would be :

(#1 - in egghunt egg)

Happy Happy Easter Day

This is clue # 1 , sending you on your Way

At this Treasure hunts end you will find

An Easter Basket made with you in mind.

Under the table where you eat your food

You will find clue Number Two

(#2, taped under kitchen table)

Go where sleepy Tommy lays his head at night

And find clue # 3 - You just might!

(#3 under childs pillow)

People ask this about the place of clue #4

Does the little light go off when you shut the door?

(clue #4 in the refrigerator)

In the place where you get your body all clean

There clue # 5 is waiting to be seen.

(#5 goes in bath tub) an so on, make it as easy or hard as their ages.

For a number of years we have laid out a trail of the initials of the child (or the first initial only) with a small chocolate egg as a reward at each finding.This can be done with colored cardboard cutouts or something bright as long as it attracts the children.

When all the children are present they are told to follow their own initial on the trail until they come to the final surprise. This does not need to be an extra long trail and can be played inside or outside.

Parents will get involved with very young children and the older children will race as quickly as possible to get their prize.

Happy Easter

Along with candy filled eggs, my daughter's boyfriend suggested "Grandma Eggs"- Eggs with Grandma's 'words of wisdom'- like- Eat your vegatables, Don't forget to brush and floss, etc. You can even personalize them by ASKING Grandma, pa or whoever for their own personal words of wisdom. I thought it was cute! Brendan also suggested little games inside the eggs-'Stand on one foot for 15 seconds', give one green egg away to the person who is having the next birthday, whistle row-row row your boat, etc. This boy has 9 siblings so they know how to MAKE fun inexpensively! A big loving family!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Hey I baby-sit and I'm always trying to come up with new treasure hunt clues for the kids. I need help! any ideas?

ex. The treasure is hidden where movies are watched and change is lost (the couch). Please post your ideas :) Thank you

The fun of being a kid is looking forward to the "Easter Egg Hunt".

By Laura from Orlando, Florida

alt="Easter Egg Hunt" width="300" height="199">

What Fun!

Easter Egg Hunt

"Where is Kylie, we can't wait forever."

Easter Egg Hunt

Wonder who got the $10.00 in the Easter Egg Hunt?

What Fun! - Easter Egg Hunt
"Wow, aren't they beautiful", and what fun it was!

Answers:

Easter Egg Hunt

They are all gorgeous children! Look the happy faces! I love it. (04/27/2007)

By caraing

Easter Egg Hunt

What wonderful memories! I can remember watching my own children and grandchildren having fun like that. Thanks for sharing with us. God bless you! (04/28/2007)

By tedsmom