Easy Peach Cobbler

contest winner icon

So simple - perfect for summer entertaining when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen!

• 1/2 cup of butter
  • 2 - 16 oz. jars of peaches (may use cans)
  • box of yellow cake mix
  • 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • Ad
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Directions:

Open the stick of butter and rub it over the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch dish. Set aside the butter for later. Open the jars of peaches and pour into the baking dish.

Pour the cake mix directly over the peaches. Mix the cake mix into the peach syrup so all powder is dissolved. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and sprinkle evenly over the top. Slice your butter into little pats and spread them on top.

Put the pan in a 375 degree F. oven for about 40 minutes, until a golden color. Serve warm with ice cream or cold with whipped cream.

Servings: 12
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
40 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Work it Moms!

By Lovinglynden from Lynden, WA

Answers:

Easy Peach Cobbler

I wish I'd baked one of these first thing this morning. Peach Cobbler is one of my son's favorite desserts, so instead of having it for breakfast, he can have it for dinner tonight.

I also wish I had some nice home-canned peaches, but canned Raggedy Anne's from Publix will have to do this time. :-)

Thank you for sharing, Lovinglynden.

(05/03/2010)

By PookaRina

Easy Peach Cobbler

Hi Lovinglynden,

I made it. My Raggedy Ann canned peaches were packed in heavy syrup, so I decided that if I used 2 cans, and using all the syrup, I could add a couple Tbsp. of flour to cut the sweet of the cake mix and just add the sugar with spices on top. I ended up adding 4 Tbsp. of all-purpose unbleached flour to the cake mix when I was sifting it. Oh Boy, is it ever good too. I wouldn't change anything more now. It's as easy as pie and really delicious.

Thanks again for the recipe. We all liked it very much.
(05/05/2010)

By PookaRina

Easy Peach Cobbler
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipes
Square of peach cobbler on a plate with whipped cream on the side.
Peach Cobbler Recipes
Bowl of berry cobbler with fresh raspberries and blackberries on top.
Raspberry Cobbler Recipes
Peach-Apricot Cobbler
Peach-Apricot Cobbler Recipes
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
🎉
🎄