"Faux" Hamburger

Fool your finicky eaters with low-fat ground turkey. The trick, add some browning sauce to mixture as you are frying it. It turns the turkey browner, more like hamburger (and doesn't change the clean taste at all!)

By Barb Fowler

Answers:

"Faux" Hamburger

I have used ground turkey in chili in the past. In order to trick my husband into eating it (he is a picky, prejudiced eater who will eat only beef, and who would not eat turkey if he was starving), I had to add lots of spices to the turkey as I was browning it in the skillet, because it had relatively no taste. He ate the chili and thought that it was really good. Never told him what the meat really was! (03/22/2005)

"Faux" Hamburger

Another trick is to add beef bouillon to the turkey mixture.
(03/22/2005)

By mkymlp

"Faux" Hamburger

We've used ground turkey meat for several years now. Always adding spices to the bland taste of the turkey. Recently we tried mixing 1 lb. ground turkey sausage to 1 lb. ground turkey, which we both like a lot better. I don't have to cover up the flavor of it, as I would if I'd just used the plain ground turkey meat alone. (04/09/2005)

By badwater

Ground Turkey Burgers on Grill
Cooking with Ground Turkey
Faux Fur
Fixing Matted Faux Fur
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
🎉
🎄