Feeding a Baby Lamb

We have a male lamb that was rejected by the mother. We forced her to feed both her lambs for the first 6 or so hours, but she was not producing enough milk for both her lambs. So we have been bottle feeding the rejected lamb with cow's homogenized milk. I have just read online that the last thing you should feed a baby lamb is cow's milk. Is this true?

By Pete from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Feeding a Baby Lamb

Goat milk is best for them, good luck. (03/22/2010)

By kffrmw88

Feeding a Baby Lamb

Call your local 4H club or large animal vet for their advice. When my Dane mother didn't feed her litter my vet told me to use goat's milk which I was able to get canned. Good luck on that! (03/22/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Feeding a Baby Lamb

I've raised both baby goats and lambs. I always started them out on goat's milk. Fresh is best, but if you can't find it they sell it in the grocery store. It's very high in fat. I always started them on that and then after several weeks gradually switched them to whole cow's milk. They all did fine on it. They need a lot of fat. That's why I gave them goats milk because it is so high in fat. Hope this helps. (03/23/2010)

By crystalmitchell

Baby Lambs Eating
Feeding a Baby Lamb
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
A plate of lamb chops and carrots.
Lamb Recipes
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄