BirdsPets

Female Finch Not Sitting on Eggs

I honestly did not know that my finches had eggs! When I saw, they had three eggs. The female bird immediately came out and was flapping her wings everywhere. I saw that they did not have food so I refilled their tube and the female comes out and was scared. It has been 18 hrs since the incident and I don't think the finch eggs survived or anything since the female finch hasn't been in the nest in a while. What should I do? Please help me :( (p.s. I had 4 finches one of them died a while ago now it is 2 females and one male).

By zebrafinchlover650

My two finches laid eggs and I was worried that they would not hatch because I never saw the female sitting on them and it has been very cold, but 16 days later I had 5 babies in the nest.

The female probably does sit on them but you never catch her in the act. If not just wait and see what happens

Hi well I have 4 male finches and 4 female finches lately I have just been checking them every so often and today my mum walked in there thinking that there was just eggs in there but instead there where baby finches I think that there are around 4 or 5 babies.

What do I feed them. I need this question answered in the next 24 hours please. At the moment I have just given them some meal worms.