Cleaning a Finch Cage While She is Sitting on Eggs?

Category Birds
Go slow and don't disturb the finch's nest when tidying up a cage. This is a page about cleaning a finch cage while she is sitting on eggs.

Is it OK to pull the bottom of the finch cage out to clean it, when there are eggs in the nest and the female is sitting on them? I'm afraid she might abandon the eggs.

By Joyce from Marietta, GA

Answers

Best Answer

I'm assuming you have the type nest that hangs on the side of the cage, and that your birds are as used to you reaching in to clean as finches can get. As long as both these are true, then there's no problem with removing the bottom for cleaning. I had finches for a while and it didn't bother them at all when I did that.
If they normally get really upset (not just some because all finches will get some upset, but I mean actually panicky) when you reach in, then I wouldn't.

Just go slow when you're handling the cage and you should be fine.
Good luck! Finches can be so much fun!

Pets BirdsMay 19, 2018
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-a-Finch-Cage-While-She-is-Sitting-on-Eggs-1.html