Finding Value and Information About Barbie Dolls

Category Dolls
vintage Barbie doll
First introduced in 1959 this still popular adult figured Mattel doll has undergone a few changes in its product life. This is a guide about finding information about Barbie dolls.

This guide is about how much is my 1962 Midge Barbie worth? Determining the value of that special old doll requires a little research.

1962 Midge Barbie

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a 1962 Midge Barbie doll, bubble haircut, red hair, and she is in perfect condition, no flaws at all. I bought her in 1962 when she was brand new. I would like to know how much she would be worth, and where would I go to go about selling her and getting the best price?

Thank you,
Rose from Central Lake Michigan

If I were you I would check on Ebay to see if you can find your doll listed. Then I would just watch the auction to see how much it sells for. I am sure you could purchase a special toy collectors book that would provide you with values. The thing with thinking about selling it on Ebay is that you have access to interested people all over the world. I just did a search for 1962 Midge Barbie and it came up with a list of items ranging in price from $2.99-$125.00. Another option would be if you get "toy" shows in your area. Sometimes we have them in our area and they basically sell old antique type toys.

I have this same exact Barbie. About 5 yrs ago ones like her went

for about $800 or more on Ebay. Now they go for less. But that doesn't

necessarily mean they are worth less (in my opinion) it may just mean with less jobs/money these days that there are fewer bidders.

I also have the black haired one, which I got lucky and found her in a

.25 box at a garage sale and shes in MINT condidtion. I considered selling them on Ebay but decided to save them for my grandchildren.

When they are grown surely they will be worth more. Both mine are from 1959-60.

there is one on ebay now that 4 people are watching listed at almost 500 but WITH clothes. is it just the doll? http://www.ebay  5738.m2548.l4275

It should be about 200 dollars. I read someone else's response and it says you should sell it on ebay but I think you should sell it somewhere else for more money. I think it would be a good choice to sell it on Antique rode show which you can google and find there website.

I'm looking for information on the different Barbie dolls. I was just wondering if there was a place you could find the year and names of the individual dolls even if they don't have the clothes they came in. Any suggestions?

By Knettles from Folkston, GA

Check out C.I.B. (Collector's Information Bureau). They require registration online but libraries often have their books in the reference section.

Anonymous

Personally I would call Mattel themselves. They must have or know where to find the information you're seeking.

888-7-MATTEL

Or contact them at this link

http://shop.mat  HaveQuestion=yes

Any collectors' site should have info, or simply search for "collector Barbies" or a similar phrase via your fave search engine.

btw, I had to make even this one small contribution because you're from my mom's birthplace, God rest her soul. Best to you in your search.

What is my 1994 Victorian Barbie doll worth?

By KL