How Much is My 1962 Midge Barbie Worth?

Category Dolls
Determining the value of that special old doll requires a little research. This guide is about how much is my 1962 Midge Barbie worth?

I have a 1962 Midge Barbie and two cases full of clothes and accessories even Ken clothes and his accessories, but not the Ken doll. Some of the clothes are worn and some are in excellent shape for their age. Where could I sell this wonderful collection?

Answers

Best Answer

I sold almost all of my Barbie collection on eBay. When researching the starting value there are two schools of thought.

1. Set a 30 day, fixed price, best offer auction. To get your fixed starting price, research similar sold lots. Do not use active auctions. Sold tells you what people are willing to pay. Box the items and weigh it so your eBay shipping price is accurate. If you can fit in a USPS one price box even better, as it is often the best shipping value. In this method if someone offers less you can reject or counter offer. This is my new favorite way to sell. You should get 50 free listings a month. You still pay eBay final value and PayPal fees.

2. If you have rare items, you can list as a 7 day auction starting low and watching it increase. Be sure to list the rare items in the headline. Here there is always a risk of the supplies being high and demand low and it not fetching what you want to earn. You could put a reserve on it with the high amount but your fees at the end are higher than a regular 7 day or a 30 day fixed price/best offer auction. This can be a fun way to go if you have no ending value expectations and are happy with any ending bid. The definition of low to start is as low as 1 cent or 99 cents, but you can start at your goal amount or anywhere in between. If you go with a higher number you risk people waiting to the very end to bid.

Happy eBaying! Hope you do well with the doll lot!!!

Best Answer

I'd actually go to Etsy. eBay has a large audience and chaRge and craigslist tend to have not-so-honest people you have to meet with.

I have a 1962 Midge Barbie doll, bubble haircut, red hair, and she is in perfect condition, no flaws at all. I bought her in 1962 when she was brand new. I would like to know how much she would be worth, and where would I go to go about selling her and getting the best price?

Thank you,
Rose from Central Lake Michigan

Answers

If I were you I would check on Ebay to see if you can find your doll listed. Then I would just watch the auction to see how much it sells for. I am sure you could purchase a special toy collectors book that would provide you with values. The thing with thinking about selling it on Ebay is that you have access to interested people all over the world. I just did a search for 1962 Midge Barbie and it came up with a list of items ranging in price from $2.99-$125.00. Another option would be if you get "toy" shows in your area. Sometimes we have them in our area and they basically sell old antique type toys.

I have this same exact Barbie. About 5 yrs ago ones like her went
for about $800 or more on Ebay. Now they go for less. But that doesn't

necessarily mean they are worth less (in my opinion) it may just mean with less jobs/money these days that there are fewer bidders.
I also have the black haired one, which I got lucky and found her in a
.25 box at a garage sale and shes in MINT condidtion. I considered selling them on Ebay but decided to save them for my grandchildren.
When they are grown surely they will be worth more. Both mine are from 1959-60.

there is one on ebay now that 4 people are watching listed at almost 500 but WITH clothes. is it just the doll? http://www.ebay  5738.m2548.l4275

It should be about 200 dollars. I read someone else's response and it says you should sell it on ebay but I think you should sell it somewhere else for more money.

I think it would be a good choice to sell it on Antique rode show which you can google and find there website.

Anonymous

Her and Allen there wardrobe you

I have a Midge doll in mint condition, with a stamp on her bum, Mattel Inc. 1962? Skipper is also in mint condition and stamped, Mattel Inc.1963. I have had them since I was a child. How much would they be worth today?

By Debbie from Chilliwack,BC, Canada

Answers

Keep in mind that just because the doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced. Try the site below to start:

http://www.dollinfo.com/faqs.htm

I have a 1962 red headed Midge doll with the flip hairdo and a red and blue dress on. She is in her original box, she and the box are mint, what is she worth?

By Paula

Answers

Most dolls are/were mass produced - especially in the Barbie family so their value can be low unless you have a "rare" doll.

There are presently over 4,000 listings for Midge (and accessories) listed on eBay but you might find a doll like yours and get some idea as to the value. Best to look under eBay sold items to get a truer value of these dolls.

You can get info from Google, Etsy and other doll site if you do your own research.