Determining the Value of an AMI Jukebox

Category Antiques
AMI, which began in 1909, was originally called the National Automatic Music Co before changing its name to the Automatic Musical Instrument Company after World War 2. AMI manufactured jukeboxes between 1927 and 1962. in 1962, AMI was purchased by ROWE AC services who still makes jukeboxes to this day (Source: JukeboxHistory.info). This is a page is about determining the value of an AMI juke box.

I have an AMI Continental 1 jukebox in great working order. I am unable to find a price range for this, can someone help?

Answers

Best Answer

I have not seen this exact model on eBay, but the cheapest AMI is $500, and some are almost $2000.

Best Answer

I know it is worth a lot more, a local jukebox store offered 3k for it with transportation paid for. I just dont know how much more?

My father has a 1949 model A AMI jukebox, it has some damage to the plastic on the outside. It has been converted to not need coins to play. It is in working order. How much would it be worth?

Answers

Best Answer

I saw one similar to yours for $700 on eBay.

What would be the value of an AMI high fidelity stereo jukebox?

Answers

Best Answer

They can be worth a few thousand dollars if in mint condition. Follow eBay for a couple of weeks to see what yours is selling for.

We have a AMI Rowe International Inc. Model - RI - 1, Serial -818666. It is in good condition; what is it worth?

Answers

Best Answer

On eBay, you can do an "advanced search" where you type in the item and check "sold listings" and you can get an idea of how much similar jukebox sold for.

• Example #1: Non Working Rowe-AMI MMCD-1 Jukebox Project/Parts Sold for $99.99
  • Example #2: Rowe ami MM1 jukebox Sold for $270
  • Example #3: Jukebox Rowe AMI R87 200 sold for $280

Reference: www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_odkw=AMI+Rowe+International...

Do you have an idea of the value of the AMI juke box I own, model 500 serial # 16035? I think it's from 1948. It is not working, but is 100% intact and clean. Thank you for your time.

Answers

Best Answer

If it's not working, it won't be worth that much. You could get several thousand if it is, so it may pay for you to restore it.

I have a AMI jukebox. It plays well and is in good shape. What is the value to sell and where can I sell it?

By Pat from Waco area

Answers

Best Answer

We need more info to research prices. Is it an older one from the 50's that plays vinyl or a newer one that plays CD or even newer yet that plays music videos.

Is it a full sized one or a floor one? All this plays into the price.

I kind of inherited this Rowe AMI jukebox and it has been sitting in my garage for over 3 years. It worked when my son first brought it over, but now it doesn't. It needs a needle and l am sure that it just needs something minor since it did work. I just want to sell it to make space in my garage.

Answers

On Ebay for $500 used

This one is asking $500. picclick.com/Rowe-AMI-200-Selection-StereoJukebox...

What would be the estimated value of a good looking and sounding Ami R 90 juke box from 1986? It seems to be in very good condition.
Thank you.

Answers

This one is asking $450 www.ebay.com/.../254313595507?hash=item3b36458273...

These are a hard sell, depending on where you live. In some places there are a glut of these and people are practically giving them away, and yet in other places, these are unicorns and they fetch big bucks!

Also, there are dozens of variables also in setting the value. Like does it work on every play button, does it include every record, is the glass all intact, does it have all original parts, is the cabinet in good shape, does it smell (those that came from bars or places where people smoked are very hard to sell unless you sell to another bar or club)? Do you have the book/manual? I would be remiss in giving you a value without knowing all the facts and where you are located.

There is a company in LA that says they just sold one, but don't give the price. Maybe they will share their sale with you...here is a link:

jukeboxesunlimited.com/.../rowe-ami-r-90.html

Be sure to find out if the sale was in LA or if they shipped it somewhere.

I can tell you generally that in my experience the money to be made from jukes is when the seller is able to take them apart and sell it off by the piece. There is good money to be made for working motors, and other pieces from these machines because people that have them want real parts to keep their going, not after market parts.

Post back what you learn!!

Anonymous

Thank you so much for your valuable information!

I have a Rowe AMI 1969 MM3 Jukebox. It works perfectly with the psychedelic screen working as well. Can anyone give me an approximate value?

Answers

You can get a free trial account and you can see what it some for here www.worthpoint.com/.../restored-1969-rowe-mm3-jukebox-music...

Cool item!!! Valuing it will depend on a whole bunch of things.

Does it have the records? Is it all original? Do you have the booklet? Are there any cracks in the glass sections? Is the box in good shape (no dents/nicks/scratches). Does it smell like cigarettes or cigars (meaning was it in a bar where it was exposed to smoke all day) or does it have a musty smell from being in storage?

Also, where are you located? In some cities these are a dime a dozen and not holding their value. In other places, they are very rare and command decent amounts.

Jukebox buyers are very picky about what they buy and values depend on many of these factors above.

If you look on eBay you will see some similar listed at the moment (I do not see an exact match--which is why I am asking if the item is all original--that front panel does not look original to me, but I could be mis-remembering). The similars are both selling and sitting unsold for months and month in the $300-$400 range. The higher the value, the more original and with some or all of the original records.

As an aside, there is a market for the parts if they work. Meaning if you were super handy and could take it apart and test each part, you could make---in many cases--more money for the parts than the whole.

I am attaching a link for just parts that have sold recently on eBay:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rowe+jukebox...

People love the original parts to finish/fix their own jukes!! It is a huge sub market!!

Thanks for sharing!!

At our Elks lodge we have an R-84 Rowe AMI jukebox. We are looking to sell it to one of our members and are just curious what it might be worth, it plays. Sometimes it just starts playing by it self. It is full of records, but needs to be cleaned.

Thank you.

Answers

This one is asking $500 www.ebay.com/.../191841164697?hash=item2caa9fdd99...

Did you sell your juke? Can you share what you fetched for it if you did and where you are located? I am always interested in learning values in different parts of the world.

The value for jukes is really regional and is heavily supply and demand based. If you are in an area with lots of clubs that have jukes and everyone is downsizing, then there are a lot out there for sale and the value drops. If you have few around and people are seeking them, you will get more.

If you haven't sold it yet, you would be best served to find a company in your town that specializes in amusements and video games and have them value and sell it for you. Some even buy outright, repair and then sell. That may be a good option also. If your club is selling for cash, and someone is super handy, have them take it apart and sell off all of the working pieces--the parts are huge sellers on eBay--especially if tested. People have their own jukes they want to keep going and they want original parts and are often willing to pay top dollar to get these pieces.

You can see that if you go to eBay and put in the juke name and parts or motor or arm. Parts sell!

This is a 1979-1980 ish Tempo model. It doesn't have all of the colorful lights like some of the others of that time, which is what most people want when they look for a juke (flashy and outrageous are what people love). This was a workhorse machine and did a great job playing music. One of the challenges in selling club machines is if they have a heavy cigarette smell. That can really drop the value.

Where I am (Pittsburgh) this model may sell in the $100 to $200 range in the condition you describe. If it was pristine, it may get into the $300 range. Like I said, most people want the flashy ones, those can fetch into the thousands if pristine, working, and fully loaded with period appropriate music.

Post back with an update!

I have a 1980 AMI juke box, 160 selection. How do I find the value?
Thank you.

Answers

The best way is to check ebay for a couple of weeks and see what they actually sold for.

The main place to go is eBay, put in a search and see what others are advertising how much they are for sale, watch it for a few days and see if it sells.

We have a Rowe AMI stereo jukebox in great working condition. It is a 1962 model, taken out of service in 1967. It was purchased by us in 1969 and refurbished in 1982. It will come with all of the records and additional records too. It plays 45 and 33 1/3s.

Answers

This one is asking $3800. It has not sold yet. www.google.com/.../1962-jukebox-rowe-ami-model-jel-200_5dd6b64b...

How do I find out how old my jukebox is? It's a Rowe AMI Triangle Industries Inc. It takes coin and bills; also what is it worth?

Answers

This one sold for $105 in 2015. www.ebay.com/.../181805658594

I have a AMI Rowe 164 model JBM 200 jukebox, in working condition. The chrome and glass are intact, with blemish to chrome.

By Bill

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJanuary 20, 2018
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-17 09:11:20 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️