Determining the Value of an AMI Jukebox

Category Antiques
AMI, which began in 1909, was originally called the National Automatic Music Co before changing its name to the Automatic Musical Instrument Company after World War 2. AMI manufactured jukeboxes between 1927 and 1962. in 1962, AMI was purchased by ROWE AC services who still makes jukeboxes to this day (Source: JukeboxHistory.info). This is a page is about determining the value of an AMI juke box.

I have an AMI Continental 1 jukebox in great working order. I am unable to find a price range for this, can someone help?

Answers

Best Answer

I have not seen this exact model on eBay, but the cheapest AMI is $500, and some are almost $2000.

Best Answer

I know it is worth a lot more, a local jukebox store offered 3k for it with transportation paid for. I just dont know how much more?

My father has a 1949 model A AMI jukebox, it has some damage to the plastic on the outside. It has been converted to not need coins to play. It is in working order. How much would it be worth?

Answers

Best Answer

I saw one similar to yours for $700 on eBay.

What would be the value of an AMI high fidelity stereo jukebox?

Answers

Best Answer

They can be worth a few thousand dollars if in mint condition. Follow eBay for a couple of weeks to see what yours is selling for.

We have a AMI Rowe International Inc. Model - RI - 1, Serial -818666. It is in good condition; what is it worth?

Answers

Best Answer

On eBay, you can do an "advanced search" where you type in the item and check "sold listings" and you can get an idea of how much similar jukebox sold for.

• Example #1: Non Working Rowe-AMI MMCD-1 Jukebox Project/Parts Sold for $99.99
  • Example #2: Rowe ami MM1 jukebox Sold for $270
  • Example #3: Jukebox Rowe AMI R87 200 sold for $280

Reference: www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_odkw=AMI+Rowe+International...

Do you have an idea of the value of the AMI juke box I own, model 500 serial # 16035? I think it's from 1948. It is not working, but is 100% intact and clean. Thank you for your time.

Answers

Best Answer

If it's not working, it won't be worth that much. You could get several thousand if it is, so it may pay for you to restore it.

I have a AMI jukebox. It plays well and is in good shape. What is the value to sell and where can I sell it?

By Pat from Waco area

Answers

Best Answer

We need more info to research prices. Is it an older one from the 50's that plays vinyl or a newer one that plays CD or even newer yet that plays music videos.

Is it a full sized one or a floor one? All this plays into the price.

At our Elks lodge we have an R-84 Rowe AMI jukebox. We are looking to sell it to one of our members and are just curious what it might be worth, it plays. Sometimes it just starts playing by it self. It is full of records, but needs to be cleaned.

Thank you.

Answers

This one is asking $500 www.ebay.com/.../191841164697?hash=item2caa9fdd99...

Did you sell your juke? Can you share what you fetched for it if you did and where you are located? I am always interested in learning values in different parts of the world.

The value for jukes is really regional and is heavily supply and demand based. If you are in an area with lots of clubs that have jukes and everyone is downsizing, then there are a lot out there for sale and the value drops. If you have few around and people are seeking them, you will get more.

If you haven't sold it yet, you would be best served to find a company in your town that specializes in amusements and video games and have them value and sell it for you. Some even buy outright, repair and then sell. That may be a good option also. If your club is selling for cash, and someone is super handy, have them take it apart and sell off all of the working pieces--the parts are huge sellers on eBay--especially if tested. People have their own jukes they want to keep going and they want original parts and are often willing to pay top dollar to get these pieces.

You can see that if you go to eBay and put in the juke name and parts or motor or arm. Parts sell!

This is a 1979-1980 ish Tempo model. It doesn't have all of the colorful lights like some of the others of that time, which is what most people want when they look for a juke (flashy and outrageous are what people love). This was a workhorse machine and did a great job playing music. One of the challenges in selling club machines is if they have a heavy cigarette smell. That can really drop the value.

Where I am (Pittsburgh) this model may sell in the $100 to $200 range in the condition you describe. If it was pristine, it may get into the $300 range. Like I said, most people want the flashy ones, those can fetch into the thousands if pristine, working, and fully loaded with period appropriate music.

Post back with an update!

I have a 1980 AMI juke box, 160 selection. How do I find the value?
Thank you.

Answers

The best way is to check ebay for a couple of weeks and see what they actually sold for.

The main place to go is eBay, put in a search and see what others are advertising how much they are for sale, watch it for a few days and see if it sells.

I have a AMI Rowe 164 model JBM 200 jukebox, in working condition. The chrome and glass are intact, with blemish to chrome.

By Bill