Finding the Value of a Vintage Jukebox

Category Miscellaneous
Many collectors have interest in vintage jukeboxes. The age and condition of the jukebox factor into its value. This is a guide about finding the value of a vintage jukebox.

This is a guide about finding the value of a Wurlitzer juke box. If you own an old Wurlitzer juke box, you may be interested in knowing its value. Here are some tips to help you get started in determining what its worth.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

AMI manufactured jukeboxes between 1927 and 1962. in 1962, AMI was purchased by ROWE AC services who still makes jukeboxes to this day. This is a page is about determining the value of an AMI juke box.

We have a Rowe MM3 Music Miracle jukebox that holds 100 45s. The exterior is in very good condition, but I don't believe it is currently working as it has been in storage for the last 20 years.

I have not been able to find any information on the internet in order to offer it for sale. Would you know it's value?

Answers

Best Answer

A jukebox that is not working may not command a very high price as usually only a dealer/repair person will be interested. Occasionally an individual will buy one thinking they will restore it.

• This machine was made in 1969 and was popular because of the psychedelic slide show but your machine has to be running for this to function.
  • I have some links for you to check out as each one will have some information about this machine.
  • www.pinballrebel.com/.../mm3.htm
  • www.worthpoint.com/.../restored-1969-rowe-mm3-jukebox-music...
  • www.jukebox-world.de/.../AMI-Bilder-Uebersicht.htm
  • Ad

• Here is a site that offers a free appraisal but always check it out.
  • www.coinopny.com/contact.html
  • There are no Rowe jukeboxes listed on eBay (or anywhere that I can find) and none have sold in any recent months but you could keep checking as one could be listed anytime.
  • The value of your jukebox will also have a lot to do with where the box is located as potential buyers want to see it in person so posting it on your local Craigslist (if you ever acquire knowledge of value) would be a good place to start.
  • You might want to think about getting an estimate on the cost to have it repaired.
  • Google mobile jukebox repair with your zip code and there may be someone in your area that can give you an estimate (be sure to have plenty of aspirin handy when you see the cost sheet).

I need a roundabout value if anyone has a clue and is willing to help.

Answers

Best Answer

You don't mention if it works.

If it doesn't, I recently learned that if you know how to take it apart (and even better...if you can test the individual parts) you can sometimes double or triple the "retail" value of the item versus if you were to sell it as a whole.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but there are a lot of people out there who like to repair the pieces already have or buy on the cheap and they want original parts.

Here are a couple of samples of sold parts for various Rockolas (not necessarily your model...but just to give you an idea of the concept).

www.ebay.com/.../123091223989?hash=item1ca8cf05b5...

www.ebay.com/.../292542296610?hash=item441ce13222...

www.ebay.com/.../192469965279?hash=item2cd01a99df...

Hope you find this helpful!

I have a 1940 series d Rock-Ola. I got it at an estate sale. I'm having a hard time finding this model or others like it. The coin mechanism was pulled out of it.

Other than that everything works fine. I am looking for an estimated value and recommendations for a repair shop in Dallas, Texas.

Answers

Best Answer

This may be another "heyday" for jukeboxes as they seem to be very popular right now.

• Jukeboxes in general are popping up everywhere but hopefully you got a good buy at the estate sale.
  • Rock-Ola is a popular model but all jukebox repairs are costly and there are very few repairmen that are mobile so usually the box has to be delivered to the shop. This may not be a problem for you but I would definitely say to get an estimate of cost (and how many dollars they can go over that estimate) as well as a statement saying if repairs are not completed (for whatever reason) the box will be returned in the same or better condition (not in parts but whole). I only mention this because I have read some really "horror" stories of what has happened at repair shops.
  • There is a good link in yellowpages for repair shops but you can also Google Rockola jukebox repair with your zip code and you may have better luck as most shops repair only certain brands. If you decide to use this link, I would suggest you call and discuss your problem so as to eliminate any that are not interested in your problem.
  • www.yellowpages.com/.../jukebox-repair
  • You might want to contact this person as he seems to offer free appraisals and he may be able to recommend what steps you need to take with repairs. (He is not in Texas but for an appraisal?).
  • www.coinopny.com/contact.html
  • Here is a link to a mobile repairman in Dallas but he may not work on your year machine - however - he may be able to send you to someone who does.
  • www.langhausenenterprises.com/
  • Here is another site that may give you some idea as to the value of your box (most of these companies want to buy jukeboxes).
  • nationaljukebox.com/sell.html

Here are some photos of similar boxes:

www.jukebox-world.de/.../R.O.Super.htm

I am trying to determine the value of a 1958 Seeberg 201 Selectomatic. It is in beautiful condition. I believe it needs calibration.

Answers

Best Answer

Generally, units in almost perfect condition command the highest prices but where (physically) the jukebox is located determines the price and how or when sold.

• These boxes are very expensive to ship (for individuals) so your box may command a higher price if you are located in a larger city as they can be seen and heard before purchase and no shipping involved.
  • I can find no evidence of a similar machine being sold over the past year but one did sell in 2013 for $2100.
  • There is one presently listed on eBay for a high asking price but this is by a seller that has very little experience with selling anything. But you might want to keep checking his ad to see if it sells.
  • www.ebay.com/.../352311551148?hash=item520767a4ac...
  • You might try to get an appraisal but usually jukebox appraisals are not free but you might try this link.
  • www.nationaljukebox.com/sell.html

How much is a Seeburg Select-o-matic jukebox, Q160MH serial # 112252 in good working order worth? It was serviced about 6 years ago and works great. I just played it a couple of days ago.

Answers

Best Answer

These are worth at least $1500, and some are considerably more. Look on eBay for a couple of months to see the range.

I have a STD-3 Sunstar 1976 by Seeburg jukebox. I can't find the value of it on the internet. Can you tell me what it is worth? It has got minor scratches on it and the paint is chipped off on the back. Does this lower the value? Is it rare?

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

One in good working condition is worth $550. I would expect $50-75 less for the cosmetic flaws

I have Seeburg LS1 jukebox. The serial number is 081267. It is in good, original, working condition. What is it worth? Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

I looked online and saw one similar to yours on sale for $500.

My mother has a Wurlitzer 1952 Seeburg Selectomatic jukebox. It's in poor shape, but was working in the last 10 years. How much can she sell something like this for today?

Answers

Best Answer

Juke Box worth.

Step 1
It is worth about 2500 to 3000 but it has to be in good working shape.

Step 2
They want things in mint condition in order to be able to sell them.

I have a NSM hideaway E jukebox in great working order with speakers and wooden consulette. Any idea on how much it is worth?

Answers

Best Answer

Juke box worth.

Step 1
Between 300 to 500 dollars.

Step 2
Yours is in good condition so it will sell better.

Step 3
Be sure what yours is worth study E-Bay for a month.

Step 4
Look at actual sells and not just listed prices.

I'm purchasing a 1972 Rowe model MM6 Bourbon Street jukebox this weekend. It works great- loads, plays, and lights up. I'm just curious what the average price usually runs for one of these in great condition. Thank you!

Answers

I saw one on eBay for $700.

Value/prices for any brand of jukebox seems to go up or down every few years. The market seems to be in the higher scale right now.

I hope you purchased your machine at a good price. Now you can become a "fanatic" and scour the Internet for for any tidbit you can find.
Be sure to check out Rowe and AMI history.

Thank you! I am sooo happy with my jukebox, it works great and sounds awesome. I bought from an elderly lady for $250 and it was full of oldies music + she threw in another box full of 45s! I lucked out.

Thank you so much!!! Ive been googling like crazy. Im in love with this jukebox. Ive been wanting one for years, but never been able to find one I could afford. I have TONS of records, so I needed one that used 45s. An elderly lady was selling it for $250, still full of records and threw in another box of records. I ordered new labels off EBay and threw in some of my own records and Ive been playing music daily since I bought it.

The jukebox is a Seeburg Vogue STD160 purchased in 1989. The outside is in fairly good shape, the chrome has some spots and chips on it, the glass is intact, it just needs some cleaning. All the lighting works. The record selector functions as it should. I can hear the record playing, but the speakers don't seem to work. Also, I am unable to find the key. I need to know a reasonable asking price for this jukebox.
Thank you.

I have 2 480/Rockola jukeboxes full of 45s. If I can't find a repairman in Cleveland Ohio where could I post for sale? I have had no luck.

I am trying to determine the sale value of my Rowe AMI model R87 200 selection jukebox. It is in very good condition.

I am looking to buy a Rockola 445 jukebox in good condition. Can you tell me how much they sell for please?

Answers

The person selling here is asking $600. jacksonboro.americanlisted.com/.../1970-rockola-445-jukebox-600_28165401...

It appears there are no Rockola 445 jukebox presently listed on eBay or any jukebox sale sites right now.

• There was one listed in the UK in February but it did not sell. The asking price was $701 but even in the the UK the shipping would have been costly.
  • www.ebay.com/.../202224657467?item=202224657467&...
  • Here is one machine listed for sale - located in South Carolina.
  • jacksonboro.americanlisted.com/.../1970-rockola-445-jukebox-600_28165401...
  • Here is a listing of one that sold but you might call the dealer and ask about price and they may contact you if they get another one.
  • jukeboxesunlimited.com/rockola445.html
  • Here is a link to a company that sells jukeboxes so you might give them a call and maybe find out the present cost and if they have one available.
  • nationaljukebox.com/forsale.html
  • I would suggest you check for jukeboxes in your local Craigslist or any other local site as these are very expensive to ship. Craigslist also has a site to list "wanted" items and that is a very good place to place an ad.
  • Craigslist is very easy to use and usually free for an individual personal ad so this might work for you.

I am trying to assess value of a Seeburg Select O Matic 200 High Fidelity jukebox. Serial # 6147; Model 201DH.

Thank you!

Answers

You do not give any information concerning condition (working? - restored?) so that information will greatly determine the value of any jukebox. I have not been able to find any recent sales of this model. You can Google "where to sell Seeburg jukebox" and there will be sites that you can list yours or you might find one similar to determine a current value.

There are a few Seeburgs listed on eBay at any given time and occasionally one sells. Here are some listings but I only found one similar to yours. (8/2017)

https://www.eba  box&_sacat=0
Here is a similar model - same year I believe. Asking price $9,200.

http://www.ebay  ic-/182170846688

Here is one that sold in 2002 for $3,700.

http://www.chri  944-details.aspx

This link is just for information on Seeburg jukeboxes.

http://www.pinb  eeburg/sfeat.htm

According to the Chicago Tribune, this model is very popular. The article was written in 2000 and the high price was $3000. I'm sure it has only increased in value.

I just had same jukebox restored.it cost me 1,300.it is a 1960 model.would not sell for less than $3,000

I am looking for a rough idea on the value of a Rockola Jukebox, model 1484.
Thanks!

I would like help finding the value for this jukebox. It does work, but isn't perfect.

Load More