Finding the Value of a Vintage Jukebox

Category Miscellaneous
Many collectors have interest in vintage jukeboxes. The age and condition of the jukebox factor into its value. This is a page about finding the value of a vintage jukebox.

We have a Rowe MM3 Music Miracle jukebox that holds 100 45s. The exterior is in very good condition, but I don't believe it is currently working as it has been in storage for the last 20 years. I have not been able to find any information on the internet in order to offer it for sale. Would you know it's value?

Answers

Best Answer

A jukebox that is not working may not command a very high price as usually only a dealer/repair person will be interested. Occasionally an individual will buy one thinking they will restore it.

• This machine was made in 1969 and was popular because of the psychedelic slide show but your machine has to be running for this to function.
  • I have some links for you to check out as each one will have some information about this machine.
  • www.pinballrebel.com/.../mm3.htm
  • www.worthpoint.com/.../restored-1969-rowe-mm3-jukebox-music...
  • www.jukebox-world.de/.../AMI-Bilder-Uebersicht.htm
  • Here is a site that offers a free appraisal but always check it out.
  • www.coinopny.com/contact.html
  • There are no Rowe jukeboxes listed on eBay (or anywhere that I can find) and none have sold in any recent months but you could keep checking as one could be listed anytime.
  • Ad

• The value of your jukebox will also have a lot to do with where the box is located as potential buyers want to see it in person so posting it on your local Craigslist (if you ever acquire knowledge of value) would be a good place to start.
  • You might want to think about getting an estimate on the cost to have it repaired.
  • Google mobile jukebox repair with your zip code and there may be someone in your area that can give you an estimate (be sure to have plenty of aspirin handy when you see the cost sheet).

I need a roundabout value if anyone has a clue and is willing to help.

Answers

Best Answer

You don't mention if it works.

If it doesn't, I recently learned that if you know how to take it apart (and even better...if you can test the individual parts) you can sometimes double or triple the "retail" value of the item versus if you were to sell it as a whole.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but there are a lot of people out there who like to repair the pieces already have or buy on the cheap and they want original parts.

Here are a couple of samples of sold parts for various Rockolas (not necessarily your model...but just to give you an idea of the concept).

www.ebay.com/.../123091223989?hash=item1ca8cf05b5...

www.ebay.com/.../292542296610?hash=item441ce13222...

www.ebay.com/.../192469965279?hash=item2cd01a99df...

Hope you find this helpful!

I have a 1940 series d Rock-Ola. I got it at an estate sale. I'm having a hard time finding this model or others like it. The coin mechanism was pulled out of it. Other than that everything works fine. I am looking for an estimated value and recommendations for a repair shop in Dallas, Texas.

Answers

Best Answer

This may be another "heyday" for jukeboxes as they seem to be very popular right now.

• Jukeboxes in general are popping up everywhere but hopefully you got a good buy at the estate sale.
  • Rock-Ola is a popular model but all jukebox repairs are costly and there are very few repairmen that are mobile so usually the box has to be delivered to the shop. This may not be a problem for you but I would definitely say to get an estimate of cost (and how many dollars they can go over that estimate) as well as a statement saying if repairs are not completed (for whatever reason) the box will be returned in the same or better condition (not in parts but whole). I only mention this because I have read some really "horror" stories of what has happened at repair shops.
  • There is a good link in yellowpages for repair shops but you can also Google Rockola jukebox repair with your zip code and you may have better luck as most shops repair only certain brands. If you decide to use this link, I would suggest you call and discuss your problem so as to eliminate any that are not interested in your problem.
  • Ad

• www.yellowpages.com/.../jukebox-repair
  • You might want to contact this person as he seems to offer free appraisals and he may be able to recommend what steps you need to take with repairs. (He is not in Texas but for an appraisal?).
  • www.coinopny.com/contact.html
  • Here is a link to a mobile repairman in Dallas but he may not work on your year machine - however - he may be able to send you to someone who does.
  • www.langhausenenterprises.com/
  • Here is another site that may give you some idea as to the value of your box (most of these companies want to buy jukeboxes).
  • nationaljukebox.com/sell.html

Here are some photos of similar boxes:

www.jukebox-world.de/.../R.O.Super.htm

I am trying to determine the value of a 1958 Seeberg 201 Selectomatic. It is in beautiful condition. I believe it needs calibration.

Answers

Best Answer

Generally, units in almost perfect condition command the highest prices but where (physically) the jukebox is located determines the price and how or when sold.

• These boxes are very expensive to ship (for individuals) so your box may command a higher price if you are located in a larger city as they can be seen and heard before purchase and no shipping involved.
  • I can find no evidence of a similar machine being sold over the past year but one did sell in 2013 for $2100.
  • There is one presently listed on eBay for a high asking price but this is by a seller that has very little experience with selling anything. But you might want to keep checking his ad to see if it sells.
  • www.ebay.com/.../352311551148?hash=item520767a4ac...
  • You might try to get an appraisal but usually jukebox appraisals are not free but you might try this link.
  • www.nationaljukebox.com/sell.html

I have a NSM hideaway E jukebox in great working order with speakers and wooden consulette. Any idea on how much it is worth?

Answers

Best Answer

Juke box worth.

Step 1
Between 300 to 500 dollars.

Step 2
Yours is in good condition so it will sell better.

Step 3
Be sure what yours is worth study E-Bay for a month.

Step 4
Look at actual sells and not just listed prices.

We have this at our firehouse and it still plays. We would like to sell it, can you help us figure out what its worth?

Located in South Hackensack, NJ 07606

Answers

Look on eBay. Several models cost a few thousand dollars.

I'm purchasing a 1972 Rowe model MM6 Bourbon Street jukebox this weekend. It works great- loads, plays, and lights up. I'm just curious what the average price usually runs for one of these in great condition. Thank you!

Answers

I saw one on eBay for $700.

Value/prices for any brand of jukebox seems to go up or down every few years. The market seems to be in the higher scale right now.

I hope you purchased your machine at a good price. Now you can become a "fanatic" and scour the Internet for for any tidbit you can find.
Be sure to check out Rowe and AMI history.

Thank you! I am sooo happy with my jukebox, it works great and sounds awesome. I bought from an elderly lady for $250 and it was full of oldies music + she threw in another box full of 45s! I lucked out.

Thank you so much!!! Ive been googling like crazy. Im in love with this jukebox. Ive been wanting one for years, but never been able to find one I could afford. I have TONS of records, so I needed one that used 45s. An elderly lady was selling it for $250, still full of records and threw in another box of records. I ordered new labels off EBay and threw in some of my own records and Ive been playing music daily since I bought it.

Wow! You really got a good deal.
I think a jukebox is kinda like a computer - the machine is just the beginning because most of the time you are hooked and everywhere you go you see additional items you want.

You are lucky to have so many records so maybe they will satisfy you for a while.
Thanks for letting us know how much you are enjoying your jukebox.

The jukebox is a Seeburg Vogue STD160 purchased in 1989. The outside is in fairly good shape, the chrome has some spots and chips on it, the glass is intact, it just needs some cleaning. All the lighting works. The record selector functions as it should. I can hear the record playing, but the speakers don't seem to work. Also, I am unable to find the key. I need to know a reasonable asking price for this jukebox.
Thank you.

I have a Seeburg 1950B jukebox in excellent condition and approximately 200 45s. I am wondering what the value is. Thank you very much for your time.

Can anyone help me with finding the value of a Rockola jukebox 1988 469 series?

I have 2 480/Rockola jukeboxes full of 45s. If I can't find a repairman in Cleveland Ohio where could I post for sale? I have had no luck.

I am trying to determine the sale value of my Rowe AMI model R87 200 selection jukebox. It is in very good condition.

Answers

One sold for $1000.

My go to for valuing almost all things is eBay and I don't see one of these on or sold recently, so giving a today's market value will be a challenge.

You may want to check back every few days to find an EXACT match to yours (make, model and condition) and see what it sells for. Don't use current auctions to set value is they are what people ask, not what people pay. eBay's sold section is the best research tool out there these days.

That said, jukeboxes are a niche market so you may want to try an in person (a real with an auctioneer) auction site and see what they tell you. I know this one sells a lot of juke boxes:

www.skinnerinc.com/search?s=Jukebox

They are in Boston and Marlborough, Massachusetts, Coral Gables, Florida, and New York, NY....so you may need to find one closer to you if you are actually going to sell it (auctions are one of the best ways to sell bigger pieces).

Call around and get estimates form places to see who will offer it with the best price and lowest commission!

I know you said yours is in very good shape, but I know from experience, if you had one that was broken, you can get more for the parts if they are carefully disassembled, then you can for the whole as the parts are in high demand because people have these old machines and want to repair them!

Hope this is helpful!! Neat machine by the way!! I LOVE JUKES!!

I am looking to buy a Rockola 445 jukebox in good condition. Can you tell me how much they sell for please?

Answers

The person selling here is asking $600. jacksonboro.americanlisted.com/.../1970-rockola-445-jukebox-600_28165401...

It appears there are no Rockola 445 jukebox presently listed on eBay or any jukebox sale sites right now.

• There was one listed in the UK in February but it did not sell. The asking price was $701 but even in the the UK the shipping would have been costly.
  • www.ebay.com/.../202224657467?item=202224657467&...
  • Here is one machine listed for sale - located in South Carolina.
  • jacksonboro.americanlisted.com/.../1970-rockola-445-jukebox-600_28165401...
  • Here is a listing of one that sold but you might call the dealer and ask about price and they may contact you if they get another one.
  • jukeboxesunlimited.com/rockola445.html
  • Here is a link to a company that sells jukeboxes so you might give them a call and maybe find out the present cost and if they have one available.
  • nationaljukebox.com/forsale.html
  • I would suggest you check for jukeboxes in your local Craigslist or any other local site as these are very expensive to ship. Craigslist also has a site to list "wanted" items and that is a very good place to place an ad.
  • Craigslist is very easy to use and usually free for an individual personal ad so this might work for you.

This will all depend on who is selling it, where it is located, and how much shipping will be for you. If you buy this outside of your state the shipping will be rather costly. You could pay around $600 for the jukebox and another $500 for shipping. You'll need to take all this into consideration when shopping around for the one you want.

I have a NSM Prestige ES 160, with 120, 50-60s, 45s. It is in excellent working condition. How and where can I sell this?

I am looking for a rough idea on the value of a Rockola Jukebox, model 1484.
Thanks!

I would like help finding the value for this jukebox. It does work, but isn't perfect.

How much is a 1983 Wurlitzer model 40304 juke box worth? It is in fair condition. Thank you.

Answers

Only someone who deals in jukeboxes can really give you a true value as the market varies for each make, year, model (I do not think you have your model number correct), and most important - condition. What you rate as fair may not be rated as such by an appraiser. You could keep a watch on eBay for this year machine but there may not be one listed for 2 or 3 years and may never be sold - even if listed. You may find similar machines but they may not relate to your machine in any way - especially in price/value.

Older machines (in good condition) usually sell for more money. Shipping is always a problem and it is very expensive. Many times people will list on Craigslist as the machine can be seen and picked up so there is no shipping involved.

Here is a web site of a company that overhauls jukeboxes before selling so you can take a look at the prices he sells for (may not find one like yours).

http://www.palm  m/For%20Sale.htm

Here is link to a company that buys and appraises jukeboxes so you might want to contact them to see what they will tell you about your box (free information as far as I know).

http://national  ox.com/sell.html

You would need someone who knows the value. I didn't find your exact model on eBay, but the ones I did find that were in working condition were priced in the thousands

Why don't you contact the owner of this website:http://www.nati  UCFZuLswodZcoEbg

You can give a description and upload pictures.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJune 22, 2013
🌻
📓
🎂