Finding the Value of an Encyclopedia Set

How do I find out what an old encyclopedia set is worth if I should sell them? It is a complete set, in good condition.

By Julie from MO

Answers:

How old is your set? Unless it's very old, has a connection to a famous person, or is a first edition it probably has minimal value. No one wants encyclopedias now since anything can be looked up online. (01/18/2010)

By OliveOyl

Donate the set to the Good Will or Salvation Army and ask for a receipt for a tax write-off. (01/18/2010)

By MCW

I agree. It it's from the last 50 years it is of no particular value. You might be able to see it at a yard sale or for decorative purposes. You might be able to make lamps out of them, or some other craft project.(01/18/2010)

By pamphyila

• Call a used book seller.
  • Look at comparable sets on eBay.
Good luck. (01/18/2010)

By oldlinda

My mom had some from the 80's and hers aren't worth anything after her searching around. You could donate them to a library. I don't know if they would take them off your hands otherwise you could use them for a craft like the previous post mentioned. (01/20/2010)

By dhull83

I've seen a project where someone drilled a small circular hole down through a stack of these books, then held them in place with a pole, to make an interesting end table. I suspect directions are available somewhere online. (01/21/2010)

By ChloeA

Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
🎄