Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Books of the Year

Category Books
These encyclopedia updates rarely have any collecting value. This page discusses the value of Encyclopedia Britannica books of the year.

I have 1969, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, and '75. They are the maroon color shown in the picture. Are these worth anything?

They are not worth anything. People get their information on the internet now and these books are too new to be antiques.

Unfortunately, nobody is willing to pay for encyclopedias these days unless they are over 100+ years old. The information contained in your books is old and has been updated online.

Therefore, it is hard to sell your books. You might be able to list them on Craig's list in your area for $25. That is probably the best offer you'll receive on them.

Not really... most people get the most of them from people who reuse them for other purposes. I'd say $20-$30 max

Encyclopedia sets and year books are more for collectors than everyday people which makes most of them very slow, low value sellers.

• Many sellers of year books try to sell them individually as there may be more people interested in what "happened" in a certain year but most of these are listed at $5.00 each and may takes months to sell (if they sell).
  • Ad

• Sometimes several year books listed together will sell because someone wants one or two of the years in the "set" but still not much money and a lot of trouble packing and shipping.
  • If you want to sell your books, I would suggest you list them on your local Craigslist or 4sale or any other local listing site.
  • These are good sites as anyone interested can see the books and no shipping involved.
  • Craigslist is easy to use (listing instructions on site) and very little cost involved but you might have to list for several months.
  • I would suggest you start your price at $50 and reduce it if no interest is shown.
  • You can always do your own research for the value of your books - eBay and Amazon sell the most books so these are good places to check. Always remember - asking prices rarely relate to actual selling prices.

If you decide you do not want to bother with trying to sell, you may be able to donate your year books to a local charity thrift store as they may take these where they will not usually accept sets of books.

What is the Britannica Book of the Year Series from 1966 to 1974 worth?

By Rick

This first answer below is from me and the second answer is from an earlier question.

Many people have old books they think are important and want to sell. Most old dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. You can check online for old book collectors, on Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities.

Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets | ThriftyFun
My husband is an auctioneer, and sadly, these books usually bring only a couple dollars. You can access many encyclopedias online, that are updated daily, ...

What is a set of Book of the Year worth that includes 1975 through 2000? All volumes are in good condition.

By David

I have a set of Encyclpaedia Britannica Book of the Year from 1975 to 1991, plus the Britannica Atlas ( I think 1974 ). What would be the value for selling them and where would I sell them besides eBay and Amazon?

By Melody H. from Dunkirk, MD

I have the 1950 Britannica book of the year/encyclopedia. How much is it worth?

By Duane from Charleston, SC