Value of Encyclopedia Britannica World Atlas

Category Books
You need to look inside the atlas to find the publish date for these old reference books. If it over 100 years old it may have some value. This page concerns the value of Encyclopedia Britannica world atlas.

What is the value of a 1768 Britannica Atlas? It is in perfect condition with a white/cream hard cover. It is 246 years old.

By Jenny H.

Answers

Best Answer

I am afraid you are confused by the date printed on the front of your Edition. Please look inside your books for more information, I do believe the white/cream covers indicate a possible 15th Edition, which is unfortunately almost worthless however, they do possess wonderful decorative charm for display.

Best Answer

You're correct they were NOT printed in 1768, it's just the title of the series. You have to look inside the books and see the published date. An Encyclopedia Brittanica 1768 full 24 book set printed in 1947 is worth about $200-$250 if you can find an interested buyer that is.

I have a Encyclopedia Britannica World Atlas. It is an old copy from 1940. I want to know how much it is worth.

By Adriana C.

Answers

Best Answer

I found about 50 listings on eBay for Encyclopedia Britannica World Atlas but from all different years.

There does seem to be some value if you sell it on eBay or maybe other sites.

Value otherwise - not much - if any.

Try finding info on Google, eBay and other sites for information.
Just remember - asking price is just that - asking price - not value.

I have an Encyclopedia Britannica world atlas, unabridged, hardcover. I wanted to know the value of it and how I would go about getting that if you could please share or a speaking opinion I appreciate it.

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

If it is over 100 years old it has value. Take it to some book dealers for a free appraisal.