Finding the Value of a Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary

Category Books
This is a page about finding the value of a Funk and Wagnalls dictionary. While some dictionaries are rare enough to have significant value, most are worth very little. With some research you should be able to determine what yours are worth.

I have complete volume of Funk & Wagnalls standard dictionary and is in good condition. How much are they worth?

Answers

Best Answer

If they are over 100 years old they are worth something. Take them to book dealers for appraisals. They are not worth much otherwise.

I have a two volume set of the 1941 unabridged dictionary, 2,970 pages, with illustrations. Does anyone know the possible value if any? They are in great condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures.

Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

How can I find out the value of a Funk & Wagnalls 1910 desk standard dictionary?

Answers

Is there a photo?

If this is yours, then the value is $9.99. This is a SOLD price (which is the only way to value items.) Free shipping means the seller netted about $4.00 after fees and postage cost since with "free" shipping, the seller pays to ship to the buyer:

www.ebay.com/.../254106836506?hash=item3b29f29e1a...

This is over 100 years old, which makes it an antique. I would take it to several antique book dealers and ask for free verbal appraisals.

Hi,

This is a beautiful dictionary! I would have it appraised before I sold it for a cheap price. There are also those who are willing to pay more, for an antique like this, locally. I might put an ad up, like on Craigslist, and put a higher price on it. If it doesn't sell, then you can lower the price.

I have seen many prices on ebay for these types of dictionaries and I would never sell this type of an antique for a mere ten dollars.

Blessings,

---Robyn

I have a Funk & Wagnalls dictionary. I think circa early 70s. The cover is on backwards. So to use you have to turn it over. Any value? I really like that it's not right.

Answers

I would say it is worth nothing. People dont use encyclopedias or dictionaries anymore. They use the Internet. The only way it would be worth something is if it were an antique

That is neat that the covers are wrong and usually that does increase value. I need to do some more research on this.

The perfect sets are all unsold on eBay at various price points for as low 40 dollars. Sold versions would give you the exact market value. The link shows the unsold ones if they match yours you can figure the value will be lower.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

I will let you know if I learn more about the wonky ones! Thanks for asking!

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksJune 15, 2018
🎂
📓
🌻