Fleas on My Cat and Her Kittens

Fleas on My Cat and Her Kittens

My cat and her kittens have fleas. The kittens are only 3 weeks old. The kittens are crying on and off. Do you think that the fleas are harming them so much that they are crying or is it something else?

By Kita from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Fleas on My Cat and Her Kittens

Please read all of the archived posts below! Cats, and especially kittens because they are so little, can become anemic from the fleas biting them for their blood to eat and mama and babies can get tapeworms if they swallow any fleas :-( There are lots and lots of helpful tips in the archives! Good luck and let us know how your mama and baby kitties are doing! (10/15/2009)

By Deeli

Fleas on My Cat and Her Kittens

Get you a lemon and peel it use the peel and white part and brew it into a tea when it is cool take a soft cloth and rub the tea on the kitty's mom to and do this about every 3 days. It will kill the fleas and not harm the wonderful little ones. Just enough to wet them not heavy coverage is needed. Debbie (10/16/2009)

By dcsprsmm

Fleas on My Cat and Her Kittens

We had an outside mama cat and couldnt get her to come in when she had her litter. The kittens got fleas and they literally drained them of blood all but one died before we could get them to the vet. We had to give it a vitamin paste and hand feed it milk to keep it alive. It was years ago so I dont remember what we did to get the fleas off of it, but it was something from the vet. (10/16/2009)

By micksgirl

Fleas on My Cat and Her Kittens

If your kitten's have fleas and the mom will let you hold them, then take them inside the house and bathe them with Dawn dish soap, as for the mom cat you may want to get some flea drops from the vet. There is something here where I live called Flea drops and you drop it on the neck of the cats or dogs, and 15 minutes later you will see the fleas jumping off the cat. It's also a good idea after you've gotten rid of their fleas to sprinkle sevensdust on the perimeter of the lawn, it kills fleas and snakes and other bugs so you won't have to keep doing this.

Good Luck (12/07/2009)

By KissinQT

kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Feeding a Picky Cat
Feeding a Picky Cat
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄