Flies Biting Dogs Ears

How do I keep the flies from biting my dog's ears?

By Samantha from Parramatta, NSW

Answers:

Flies Biting Dogs Ears

We used to live up north (New Hampshire) and each May, the black files (very tiny and very vicious insects) would bite our dog's ears. He was an Akita, and had big ears that stood straight up. Our vet suggested that we heavily coat his ears with Vaseline, putting a barrier between him and the flies, and it worked. Kind of messy, but it was for a short period when the flies were biting (like a month). Hope that helps. (03/22/2010)

By Ginnywest

Flies Biting Dogs Ears

There is a product that you can use that people use on their horses. Go to your local feed store and ask them. You can also call a large animal veterinarian. (03/22/2010)

By K9cats

Flies Biting Dogs Ears

Coat ears with a thin layer of Vaseline. Not the inside of ears. (03/24/2010)

By Judy

I think I will mix everything and spray it everywhere.....seriously, have found that listerine has helped many things...I will begin with that...has anyone heard of the southern protection of painting porch ceilings pale blue and that stopped flies from your doorway?

Puppy scratching.
Keeping Flies Off Your Dog
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎉
🎄