Making a Fabric Bow Fridge Magnet
Take scraps of fabric to make these pretty bow magnets for your own refrigerator or to give to a friend. This is a guide about making a fabric bow fridge magnet
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This pretty fridge magnet can be made totally out of scraps and reclaimed stuff. Use some cotton fabric taken from an old summer frock or nightdress, a magnet from the back of a broken fridge magnet, ribbon from gift wrap, and corrugated card from a packing box.
- 1 square of pretty floral cotton fabric measuring 2 to 3 inches
- 1 scrap of corrugated card
- 1 small length of six strand embroidery thread thread
- 1 pair of scissors
- magnetic tape or an old fridge magnet
- 1 small piece of narrow braid and/or small embellishment of your choice
- Fold the fabric concertina style and then fold in half.
- Round off the ends using sharp scissors.
- Tie the middle tightly using the embroidery thread.
- Wrap the braid around the middle of the bow and glue in place, or use an embellishment.
- Cut a piece of corrugated card that will fit neatly on the back of the bow.
- Cover the card with coloured paper and glue in place.
- Pinch the ends flat and trim with scissors.
- Glue the bow to the card.
- Glue the magnet to the other side of the card. Leave the glue to dry thoroughly before using.
In This Guide