Freezing Acorn Squash

You can freeze your excess harvest of acorn squash for future use. This is a guide about freezing acorn squash.

Acorn Squash

Can I freeze acorn squash? Do I cook it like I would for dinner, cut in half - brown sugar, butter, bake in oven... let cool then scoop out and freeze?

Thanks,
Pam

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Yes, cook, puree, sweeten and serve the squash for supper, then freeze the leftovers in a ziploc bag. Reheat in the microwave later and it is just as tasty as the first time you served it.

Since we make our own maple sugar from the maple trees in our yard I usually use maple sugar instead of butter and brown sugar. But both ways are wonderful!

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 18, 2013
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipes
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
summer squash
Drying Squash
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 4:55:36 PM on 10.0.2.27 in 509 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.