Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing Butternut Squash

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Freezing Butternut Squash

This squash can keep for quite awhile, but sometimes you may need to freeze some. This guide is about freezing butternut squash.

Here are questions related to Freezing Butternut Squash.

Question: Freezing Butternut Squash

How do you freeze butternut squash? Can it be frozen in the raw form?

By Dorothy from Rochester, NY

Most Recent Answer

09/22/2010

You should bake first but freezing without precooking is not a good idea. :-( Cut in half and place cut side down on baking sheet. Cook until tender. Scrape pulp from rind and mash or remove rind and cube.

Solutions: Freezing Butternut Squash

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Freezing Butternut Squash

What is the best way to freeze butternut squash?

Deb from Dearborn, MI

RE: Freezing Butternut Squash

I bake it or boil it until it scoops out easily, cool until easy to handle. Then I blend until smooth and place into Ziploc freezer bags and freeze. When I want to use I thaw it and either warm it on the stove top or bake, adding my favorite topping. (07/23/2008)

By Donna

RE: Freezing Butternut Squash

I peel the squash, boil it, mash it and let it cool down. Then I take all the extra ice cube trays I have (only use for squash) and fill each section with the squash mixture. I then freeze it for 24 hours. I pop out the cubes and put them into Ziploc freezer bags and pop back into the freezer. I can then take out only what I need to defrost for my meals. I can add brown sugar, maple syrup, or any other spices that I wish when reheating the squash. (07/23/2008)

By Deanna from MA

RE: Freezing Butternut Squash

I do the same as above and also for zucchini. I peel, then shred it. I freeze 2 cups in Ziploc bags, and use for zucchini bread. Very good. (07/24/2008)

By Sharon