Freezing Kale

A nutritious leafy, green vegetable that can be preserved by freezing. This guide is about freezing kale.

Freezing Kale
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Why do you need to blanch kale before freezing?

By Amelia E C. from Plano, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is an article that is a little more specific:

http://www.culinaryarts360.com/inde ... nd-why-to-blanch-vegetables-2-31622/

They mention blanching fruit too; however, I've read from a few different sources that you don't have to blanch fruit.

Read More Answers...

I bought a bag of kale yesterday and used part of the bag in soup today. Can I freeze the other part of the bag? I am actually disappointed with the soup. It needs something else and I can't figure out what it is but not more kale.

Sandy from Baltimore

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I freeze it all the time, but cooked first. I bought all last Summer from our local Farmers' Market and froze tons of veggies, either blanched or fully cooked. As I prefer not to freeze in plastic, I used freezer canning jars.

If you are vegetarian, I can't help with a good Kale soup, but otherwise I can - Let me know. mrosedawson AT gmail.com

Read More Answers...

Can you freeze kale and how?

By a kats

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes. First, clean the leaves and trim away the thick middle vein. Chop the leaf into pieces. Blanch for two minutes in a pot of boiling water, then chill in cold water and drain in a colander. Use a plastic ziploc bag for storage.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesMarch 11, 2013
Kale Salad
Kale Salad Recipes
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
A plate of sauteed kale
Recipes Using Kale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 3:41:16 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 429 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.