Freezing Oysters

Oysters, whether cooked, raw in the shell, or shucked can all be frozen following the recommended method for each situation. This is a guide about freezing oysters.

Oysters

January 7, 2013 Flag

I breaded and fried fresh oysters, but there are too many to eat now. Can I freeze and reheat them with the same flavor intact and how do I do that?

By Jeanne

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

After buying a quart of fresh oysters for oyster stuffing I had a pint left over and fried them up in a batter and they were delicious! I found the best way to freeze them is to use wax paper for separation during freezing.

To reheat: preheat your oven to 400 degrees, do not thaw the oysters and bake them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until they're golden brown and a bit crispy. You don't want them soggy so keep checking them until they're sizzling and crisp. Worked great and they did not dry out at all!

Here is a way to fry them:

Heat a frying pan with a tight fitting lid to medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. margarine. Take out as many as you want, place in the pan and let brown for 3 minutes. Flip the oysters, turn up the heat to high, pour in 2 Tbsp. water and cover with the lid. Fry for 4 minute Take off the lid (the heat from the steam will cook the oysters). Their should be a cloud of steam when you take off the lid. The oysters will now be soft. Cook for another 3 min on each side.

Food and Recipes Freezing SeafoodJune 8, 2013
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Fried Seafood Sandwich
Fried Seafood Sandwich Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:38:05 AM on 10.0.2.102 in 735 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.