Freezing Sweet Potatoes

Can I freeze sweet potatoes?

By Avis from PA

Freezing Sweet Potatoes

Yes. I freeze cooked sweet potatoes all the time. When they are on sale at a really good price I buy quite a few. Use them as is for a while, but when they start to look like they may go bad I peel, dice, and cook them in the microwave. I add a few tablespoons of water in the dish as they cook and stir as they cook once in a while to keep them moist. Cook till tender. Then let them cool and put them in the 1# recycled plastic butter containers. They are just as good to eat after defrosting. (12/21/2009)

By suzin

Freezing Sweet Potatoes

I always buy sweet potatoes in bulk. What I usually do is wash and dry them. I then rub some oil on them, wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them until they're soft. When they cool off, I freeze them. When you want them, let them thaw out. I use them for souffles, or just mashed as a side dish. I also use them for cakes. I hardly ever run out of them. (12/22/2009)

By kris414

Freezing Sweet Potatoes

Go to and you'll find anything you would ever want to freeze or can on this site. I use it during garden harvesting all the time.

By maggie3956

Sweet potatoes lying on a towel.
Freezing Sweet Potatoes
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
growing sweet potatoes
Growing Sweet Potatoes
Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes