Fun Things To Do In Orlando

Does anyone have any fun ideas to do in the Orlando-Haines City, Florda area with two little ones that won't break the bank?

Thanks!
Mobo from Indiana

Answers:

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

There's a place called Gatorland near Orlando that young kids love. All sorts of animals are there.

Here' s the website: www.gatorland.com
I think you can buy tickets in advance for about $11 for kids and $15 for adults for the day. Alot less expensive than Disney! (04/26/2006)

By Katmommy

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

I posted an article here on this very subject in February or March. You should be able to find it by searching the posts. I think it was called Cheap Fun in Orlando and it mentions some very cheap and/or free stuff to do.
Enjoy your trip!
Kelly in Virginia

(b)Editor's Note: (/b) Here it is:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf54776479.tip.html
(04/26/2006)

By Kelly

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

Several years ago we took our girls to Green Meadows farm in Kissamee. It was on the same road that we took from the hotel to Disney and wasn't far. They had a ball, they give a tour/hayride/petting zoo. You can bring a picnic lunch. It was several years ago but I have a feeling it is still there.
(04/26/2006)

By cindy

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

My family and I loved Sea World. There is quiet a bit of interaction with the animals and a few rides. It is not the cheapest place to stay but you can find bargains. I used my AAA card and got a discount. People may tell you to go to Disney, but I must tell you that my 4 kids would go back to Sea World but not Disney. To busy and to much walking. (04/26/2006)

By JILLSAVES

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

I am from Orlando, but moved away a bit over two years ago. In downtown, at Lake Eola, they have free shows on certain nights of the week for family fun. There is a park, Wekiva Springs, I think it is a few minutes north-not far, where you can rent canoes and/or swim in the springs. You can go to Downtown Disney. It is free, and there are lots of things for kids to do. There are many things to do on International Drive( I-Drive ), although I am not sure how much it would be. The ocean, or Gulf, either one, is not more than 1+ hours from there. For the free family night, I would suggest contacting either the Chamber of Commerce or the Mayor's Office. You can also go online and check the Orlando Sentinal. One last note. There is also alot to do in Kissimmee. (04/26/2006)

By Amy

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

If you or know someone who is a AAA member,go there and get a book on Florida.It lists all kinds of information about Florida.The book and maps are free to members.Another idea is to visit your local bookstore and browse through the travel section.Look for books on Florida and see what the author has for recommendations on a Florida vacation. (04/27/2006)

By Dean

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

Thanks so much everyone for the responses! We leave May 5th are getting excited! We are renting a condo for $100.00 for the week! Talk about thrifty! My husband is able to rent this place from his work, and those who have stayed there say its really nice. This is our first condo experience and I think I'll like it! It is located in Haines City---so we will be near lots of things! Thanks again! (04/27/2006)

By mobo

Fun Things To Do In Orlando

I know someone already mentioned Downtown Disney but when my son was 4 we went to Orlando on a very tight budget. We spent one day at Downtown Disney and he didn't know the difference between that and a theme park. They have the Lego store With a huge play area where kids can play with Legos and Once Upon A Toy where there are Potato Heads to play with and much more. This is all free unless you decide to buy something. Be sure to go there in the morning though. It gets very crowded in the afternoon and evening. We also spent a day at Kennedy Space center. There is a lot to see and do here for free also including a space themed playground. You can buy tickets for a more in depth tour here but we never have and our kids had as much fun as a theme park. We went to a nearby beach for the afternoon afterwards. Have fun on your trip. (04/28/2006)

By Karen

Vacationing in Orlando, Orlando Cityscape
Orlando, FL Frugal Travel Guide
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
blind woman
Things to Do with a Blind Companion
🎉
🎄