Garden: Day Lily

Garden: Day Lily

Here is a photo of a day lily my grandmother has in her yard, I visited her yesterday, saw this blooming and thought it was so lovely. They are growing in direct full sun, in a flowerbed that has a strawberry vine and golden lantanas.

The soil is very sandy in her garden. She doesn't fuss over her flowers too much but I think all her digits are green not just her thumb.

Source: Nana's backyard.

By HICKCHIC3 from North Augusta, SC

Answers:

Garden: Day Lily

That is truly beautiful! I, too, have beautiful daylilies blooming in my yard here in south Georgia, one of which looks very much like your grandmothers. I also have some really large yellow ones, as well as the old-fashioned orange. Thanks for sharing this with us and God bless you. (06/16/2009)

By tedsmom

Orange and yellow day lily.
Garden: Day Lily
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
Droopy Peace Lily
Droopy Peace Lily
Peace Lily Not Blooming
Peace Lily Not Blooming
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:20:21 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.