Getting Hair Back to Natural Color

I heard there is some solution for getting your hair back to the natural color you were born with. My hair is dyed black. My roots are white. I do not want white hair.

By Linda

Best Answer

There is no way you can get your hair back to it's natural color. As we age the hair looses it pigment. I don't like my grey hair either so I color it.

Best Answer

Sorry to tell you, but there's no such solution. The best you can do is go to a salon and have them use color remover on your black ends, then have them color all your hair to a slightly lighter version of the color it was before it turned white.

The reason I say get a lighter version is that black haircolor and very dark haircolor has a tendency to highlight shadows and wrinkles. This was something I learned in cosmetology school, but didn't believe until I saw a few photos of the teachers: One of them used to color her hair very dark, then the next year she had changed over to a blonde or pale brown color, and looked about 15 years younger.

On the other hand, if you are speaking of those liquids you use frequently on your hair that are supposed to gradually change your haircolor back, that's not exactly what they do-they deposit a coating of metal salts on your hair shaft, which oxidize and turn dark; over time it builds up and makes the hair appear darker.

The problem with that is, if you decide to go back to actual haircolor, the metal salts will react with the haircolor, and you could end up with very strange hair color-green, or purple, or an unnatural reddish color. That's the reason you aren't supposed to use anything metal when you mix haircolor, because of that reaction. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I agree with Kat. Have the black removed at a salon, and have your hair dyed a lighter shade than what it was when you were young. A lighter shade is more flattering as your skin tone changes as well, when you get older.