Getting Rid of Skunks

There seems to be a skunk or more under our house. Last night we came home to this horrible smell. How do we get them, or it, from under the house and remove the smell?

Kimberly from Kingston, TN

Answers:

Getting Rid of Skunks

I've never had the problem, but I think food would coax them out. I think they eat almost anything. You need to try to find out where they're getting in & seal it after they leave. But make sure they're all out before you do. There might be babies too. The babies aren't able to spray until they're older so the smell is coming from adults.
(03/07/2007)

By Me

Getting Rid of Skunks

I would hire a trapper. The cost will outweigh the benefits! They know what they are doing. I would ask that they would release them into an area not near civilization and not harm them though. Their smell is truly a nuisance. (03/08/2007)

By alex10vicky

Getting Rid of Skunks

One time we moved into a house with skunks under a bedroom. We threw moth balls into the crawl space and it worked. I don't know where they went, but we never smelled them again. (03/08/2007)

By pam2cats

Getting Rid of Skunks

We called our local "Animal Control" concerning a skunk under our outer ramp off the front porch. They said to pour some ammonia on a rag and use a broom handle to shove it under the ramp. It worked and that was 2 years ago. But they're back (7-19-08) and you can be sure I'll do it again. But I may add some moth balls for reassurance. (07/20/2008)

By JPC

Getting Rid of Skunks
Getting Rid of Skunks
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎄