House PlantsGardening

Getting an Orchid to Rebloom

I got this orchid last year from Walmart and it was a blue orchid that is called mystique by SV. After the flowers died and the steam died I cut it off at the base. I water it at least once a week and it's never been fertilized. My house is usually about 70 degrees F., all the time. I'm not sure if I should put it outside at night or what to do. Please help. It stays in this same window all day and night everyday.

Beautifulorchids.com has a great article with pictures: http://www.beau  /reblooming.html

Anonymous

according to this website, the most common reason that orchids don't rebloom is that they do not receive enough sunlight, so you might look for the absolute sunniest window in your home and put it there: '

"Insufficient light is the most common cause of failure to re-bloom your orchid. ... The lus, rich, dark green of most houseplants is not desirable in orchid leaves. A grassy green color (light or medium green with yellowish tones) means the plant is receiving sufficient light to bloom." http://www.aos.  id-re-bloom.aspx

Thank you but none of my windows really get sun all day. Any suggestions?