Getting an Orchid to Rebloom

Category House Plants
Many orchids will rebloom if given the necessary amount of sunlight. Also make sure that that potting mix and pot size are suitable. Don't overwater. This is a guide about getting an orchid to rebloom.

Does anyone know how to get an orchid to rebloom? I buy a new one every year, and now I have 6 or 7 plants that are living but don't bloom for me again.

By Brenda Cole

Answers

Best Answer

Sometimes when you buy an orchid you need to replant it in order for it to grow because it is growing out if it's pot. Orchids only bloom a max of 3 times per year. Try cuting it apart then fertilizing each section. After that wait for awhile. Also be sure to stick the orchid in to a humid place. Oh ya, make sure the orchid is living in a pot where it can drain out easily. They don't like to be incredibly wet, but they love humidity. Make sure when you plant them that you use mulch that has twigs. They also do not like to much soil. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Here's a good article with advice on getting orchids to rebloom:

https://www.jus  laenopsis-orchid

I got this orchid last year from Walmart and it was a blue orchid that is called mystique by SV. After the flowers died and the steam died I cut it off at the base. I water it at least once a week and it's never been fertilized. My house is usually about 70 degrees F., all the time. I'm not sure if I should put it outside at night or what to do. Please help. It stays in this same window all day and night everyday.

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

according to this website, the most common reason that orchids don't rebloom is that they do not receive enough sunlight, so you might look for the absolute sunniest window in your home and put it there: '

"Insufficient light is the most common cause of failure to re-bloom your orchid. ... The lus, rich, dark green of most houseplants is not desirable in orchid leaves. A grassy green color (light or medium green with yellowish tones) means the plant is receiving sufficient light to bloom." www.aos.org/.../why-won-t-my-orchid-re-bloom.aspx