Gnats on Houseplants

I recently purchased four beautiful Massangeana Cane plants from Lowe's and some good potting soil. I potted my plants in nice planters and within a week there are millions of gnats crawling out of the soil and flying everywhere. I just purchased Knock-Out Gnat from and waiting for its arrival. Hopefully it works but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to get rid of these pests?

Madi from Oceanside, CA

Gnats on Houseplants

Set out some apple cider vinegar in a bowl, with 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil, and a piece of apple or a banana peel and let it set out. This will surely works. You can try setting out about 3 or 4 bowls of this. Since the source is coming from your house plant you need to change soil, rinse plant off, re-pot and place sand over the top of the soil. (06/28/2008)

By Dee

Gnats on Houseplants
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Insect Repellant
Repelling Gnats Outside
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box