Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

A New Use for Hair Conditioner, Shaving Your Legs

If you run out of shaving cream, or if you have purchased a hair conditioner that just doesn't seem to work for your hair, use it as a shaving cream! It works wonderfully. The razor will glide over the conditioner and your legs will be left smooth and with a close, smooth shave.

By Patty L

Ladies, to save money on shaving cream for your legs buy the cheapest hair conditioner and use that on your legs. The hair conditioner softens the hair on your legs to give you a close shave and your legs are smooth, too. I once purchased a bottle of hair conditioner for $.25 with coupons which is much cheaper than regular shaving cream and it lasts longer too.

By Virginia from Darfur, MN

Instead of using expensive shaving cream, try this great substitute - hair conditioner! My daughter and I use conditioner to shave, Its cheaper than shaving cream, stays on even in the shower and makes you legs smooth as silk. We use any cheap variety and have sworn off shaving cream for good :)

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

It also works for dry itchy skin, just slather some on & rinse most of it off, much less itch & cheaper than some of the fancy stuff. (11/08/2004)

By Linne Dodds

i discovered this recently too. it is great, almost no need for skin moistureiser after shaving. much more appealing than those toxic smelling canned creams. (02/13/2005)

By SHLiK

I was really reluctant about trying conditioner on my legs, after reading about it on this website. I have to admit, it's most certainly cheaper if you shop sales and with coupons/rebates. The closeness of the shave was great, if not the same as with shaving gel. The razor seemed to glide better with conditioner than it does with the other stuff. (01/11/2006)

By badwater

I like that idea a lot and I'm going to try that!! Thanks! (01/11/2006)

By wdyjsu

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS. IT HAS BEEN FOREVER SINCE I ACTUALLY BOUGHT SHAVING CREAM. I ACTUALLY LEARNED OF THIS FROM A FRIEND OF MY HUSBAND'S HE USES IT TO SHAVE HIS BEARD. IT LEAVES ME SO SOFT (07/27/2006)

By IMAQT1962

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I use shower gel on my legs for another idea. (07/28/2006)

By Carol Tewksbury

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I don't use conditioner to shave my legs, but hand adn body cream. It gives a really close shave to my legs. My hair on the my legs is not sticky and scratchy to the touch anymore either. Hair seems much softer. I have been doing this for years. I had bought some fancy men's gel shave cream and couldn't understand why my hubby didn't like it. I tried it and it was awful, kinda dry feeling or something hard to shave. I know now why he doesn't like it. But cream is the way to go. Never tried conditioner as I don't buy it. (07/29/2006)

By quickcooker

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I use any body lotions I have laying around too. Also moisturizes at the same time. (07/30/2006)

By kimmcg

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I use aloe vera gel, just keep your legs wet, and you can "dry" shave when you get out. It locks the moisture in, but you have to rinse REALLY well. Also minimizes irritation. You can get a large pump bottle for less than $2 at walmart, and it lasts a long time. Also great for emergency hair gel, moisturizer, burns, etc. (07/30/2006)

By camo_angels

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I was talking with my friend yesterday about shaving, and she said she used conditioner. and so I tried it today, and I don't think I'll ever use shaving cream again, and just from thinking about I put the conditioner on my arms (not shave though), and it made my arms really soft too. (03/18/2007)

By Joy

Hair Conditioner for Shaving Your Legs

I just tried shaving my legs with conditioner the other day and it is GREAT! Especially since I always get awful razor burn every time I shave. I have tried numerous shaving creams and nothing seemed to work, unless I used a new blade every time I shaved, but that is just too expensive. I am definitely using conditioner every time I shave, and I want every woman to know this beauty secret. (03/19/2008)

By Kate-Lynn Renee

A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Bottle of hair conditioner.
Alternate Uses for Hair Conditioner
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄