Home Remedies for a Chapped Nose

Category Home Remedies
A cold or flu can result in leaving the skin around your nose irritated. This guide is contains home remedies for a chapped nose.

I have found that the Blistex you use for your lips works just as well for sore noses caused by allergies, etc. No more sore noses!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

I use Blistex for many things, sort of like first aid cream. It is good for mosquito bites. I have put it on small abrasions before applying the bandaid. It is wonderful stuff and still fairly inexpensive.

As you have sinuses, your nose eventually gets raw from all that blowing. But today I have a cure! :O All you do is apply baby lotion or any other kind and smear it on a thin layer over the rawness. (NO BATH AND BODY WORKS, I learned the hard way) If you have a bad case of it, you will need some Blistex or chapstick! I hope that helped.

"Puffs Plus Lotion" tissues work wonderful for me. I have terrible allergies in the summer, and until I discovered these, my nose was always sore and raw. These tissues really do work!

Ever have a cold or other nasal problem that was so bad, your nose got chapped? The skin dries and scabs, and eventually cracks. Pretty painful, isn't it? I have, over the years, found several solutions to the problem.

Depending on what ailment I have, and how sensitive I am to odors, I have used simply dabbed my nose with cool water, coated it with vaseline, or used lip balm or Neosporin. They all work. Liquid vitamin E will, too, and I suspect olive oil, suntan lotion, hand lotion, aloe vera, and a number of other oils may work as well. I wouldn't use the suntan, hand lotion, baby oil or mineral oil on cracked open skin, personally. It seems to me those aren't good to get into raw skin. The rest should be ok, but the simpler, the better.

It doesn't matter if you've just started getting a raw nose, or have had one for a while, the skin just appreciates the heck out of being treated. if it's really bad, it may hurt a little, but soon bring relief. If you're going out into the snow, putting some of any of these oils on your nose and lips and ears before going out will protect them from chapping and worse.

By Cornelia from OR