Browsing: Home Remedies for a Chapped Nose

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Home Remedies for a Chapped Nose

A cold or flu can result in leaving the skin around your nose irritated. This guide is contains home remedies for a chapped nose.

Woman With A Cold
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 13, 2010 Flag

I have found that the Blistex you use for your lips works just as well for sore noses caused by allergies, etc. No more sore noses!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

April 15, 2014 Flag

As you have sinuses, your nose eventually gets raw from all that blowing. But today I have a cure! :O All you do is apply baby lotion or any other kind and smear it on a thin layer over the rawness. (NO BATH AND BODY WORKS, I learned the hard way) If you have a bad case of it, you will need some Blistex or chapstick! I hope that helped.

January 23, 2012 Flag

Ever have a cold or other nasal problem that was so bad, your nose got chapped? The skin dries and scabs, and eventually cracks. Pretty painful, isn't it? I have, over the years, found several solutions to the problem.

Depending on what ailment I have, and how sensitive I am to odors, I have used simply dabbed my nose with cool water, coated it with vaseline, or used lip balm or Neosporin. They all work. Liquid vitamin E will, too, and I suspect olive oil, suntan lotion, hand lotion, aloe vera, and a number of other oils may work as well. I wouldn't use the suntan, hand lotion, baby oil or mineral oil on cracked open skin, personally. It seems to me those aren't good to get into raw skin. The rest should be ok, but the simpler, the better.

It doesn't matter if you've just started getting a raw nose, or have had one for a while, the skin just appreciates the heck out of being treated. if it's really bad, it may hurt a little, but soon bring relief. If you're going out into the snow, putting some of any of these oils on your nose and lips and ears before going out will protect them from chapping and worse.

By Cornelia from OR

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 10, 2012
Making a Crocheted Clown Nose
Making a Crocheted Clown Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
A woman blowing her nose, suffering from allergies.
Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
Chapped Lips
Remedies for Chapped Lips
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 9:46:40 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.