Home Remedies for a Chapped Nose

A cold or flu can result in leaving the skin around your nose irritated. This guide is contains home remedies for a chapped nose.

September 13, 2010 Flag

I have found that the Blistex you use for your lips works just as well for sore noses caused by allergies, etc. No more sore noses!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Do you use it on the inside or outside of your nose? My husband gets sores inside his nose and the doctor said it's from sinus problems.

The last time I used it was on my nostrils as they were sore and red. But I would put it in my nose too for any sores. It would probably help them heal. I love the cool feeling it has, and it is soothing.

I use regular lip balm around my nose and mouth (skin areas and lips) as soon as I get a cold. This helps keep your nose from getting raw and sore when you blow your nose a lot. I just buy the cheapest one there is and use my finger to brush it on the areas.

Blistex/Chapstick is also good for your cuticles, especially in winter. And it is portable!

I use Blistex for many things, sort of like first aid cream. It is good for mosquito bites. I have put it on small abrasions before applying the bandaid. It is wonderful stuff and still fairly inexpensive.

I bet it would feel good on mosquito bites, thank you for sharing that, and I am going to start using it on my cuticles too!

Robyn :)

April 15, 2014 Flag

As you have sinuses, your nose eventually gets raw from all that blowing. But today I have a cure! All you do is apply baby lotion or any other kind and smear it on a thin layer over the rawness.

January 23, 2012 Flag

Ever have a cold or other nasal problem that was so bad, your nose got chapped? The skin dries and scabs, and eventually cracks. Pretty painful, isn't it? I have, over the years, found several solutions to the problem.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 10, 2012
Making a Crocheted Clown Nose
Making a Crocheted Clown Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
A woman blowing her nose, suffering from allergies.
Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
Chapped Lips
Remedies for Chapped Lips
🎉
🎄