Avoiding A Chapped Nose

Ever have a cold or other nasal problem that was so bad, your nose got chapped? The skin dries and scabs, and eventually cracks. Pretty painful, isn't it? I have, over the years, found several solutions to the problem.

Depending on what ailment I have, and how sensitive I am to odors, I have used simply dabbed my nose with cool water, coated it with vaseline, or used lip balm or Neosporin. They all work. Liquid vitamin E will, too, and I suspect olive oil, suntan lotion, hand lotion, aloe vera, and a number of other oils may work as well. I wouldn't use the suntan, hand lotion, baby oil or mineral oil on cracked open skin, personally. It seems to me those aren't good to get into raw skin. The rest should be ok, but the simpler, the better.

It doesn't matter if you've just started getting a raw nose, or have had one for a while, the skin just appreciates the heck out of being treated. if it's really bad, it may hurt a little, but soon bring relief. If you're going out into the snow, putting some of any of these oils on your nose and lips and ears before going out will protect them from chapping and worse.

By Cornelia from OR

Aloe Vera gel always works for me, however I find I have to use it immediately after the sniffling subsides in order to get the best results, which is no chances of blisters and scabs. Aloe gel is soothing and dries in a matter of seconds forming a protective barrier over the sore area and is unnoticeable.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 23, 2012
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
Generated 2020-08-18 11:44:33 in 630 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36743173.tip.html