Homemade Bath Salts Recipes

A warm bath with aromatic bath salts added can be very relaxing. This is a guide about homemade bath salts recipes.

April 26, 2011 Flag

Its easier than you think! All you need is 1/4 cup Epsom salts and 1/4 cup sea, kosher, or rock salt stirred together in a glass bowl for one unscented bath soak Of course, you can mix up oodles of extra to place in glass jars with tight fitting lids.

Want scented bath salts instead of unscented? Simply stir in the amount of scent strength you desire of your favorite 'pure essential oil' and you're good to go! Oh, the scented salts store well too. My personal favorite assorted scents are eucalyptus (stimulating), jasmine (relaxing), lavender (calming), orange (refreshing), rose (relaxing) and ylang ylang (which is both relaxing and stimulating).

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I love bath salts. Thanks Deeli!

October 21, 2016 Flag

This is a very easy way to make a homemade equivalent of orange bath salts. All you need are the cleaned peels from 2 large oranges, half a cup of epsom salt, and a laundry bag. Throw them in your bath and you're set. The yummy orange scent is a stress zapper and also targets aches in your body. Epsom salt is therapeutic for joint pain and muscle tension. You will love this bath!

December 8, 2015 Flag

I have a long Christmas list and a small budget, so I wanted to make cute personalized gifts that had a lot of bang for my buck. I have a friend that sells essential oils, so several ladies got together at her house for a crafting night to make scented bath products. I came up with this packaging idea.

Christmas Bath Salts

September 8, 2008 Flag

These quick bath salts are easy to make and even easier to customize. The Epsom salt soothes your body while the fragrances sooth your nerves.

Approximate Time: 5 minutes

Instructions:

Open your plastic Ziploc bag and let air into it, so that the plastic isn't sticking together. Tilt the bag so one bottom corner is lower than the other. Stick your hand into the bag and add the essential oils, food coloring, and oil to the lower corner. Slowly lift the bottom corner of the bag so that both corners are even.. Let the liquid mix and cover the bottom on the bag.

Now pour your Epsom salt into the bag. Squeeze out most of the air and zip the bag closed securely. Shake, massage, and flip the bag until the salt is a uniform color. This means the oils, scents, and color has been mixed evenly across the salt, as shown in the "Mixed" picture.

Once everything is mixed, dump the salt into some sort of pretty container, anything can work as long as it has a lid. Close the container and add a ribbon or decoration to make it extra pretty, as shown in the finished project picture. Now your salts are ready to enjoy or give away as a gift.

Notes:

The salts should make enough for 1-4 uses, depending on the person and size of bathtub. If you want to make a large jar, simply double the recipe. If you want to try the salts, but need something on the more relaxing side, skip the sage, peppermint and green food coloring. Use lavender, jasmine and purple food coloring instead.

Using the extra mineral or olive oil isn't a must, and you can skip it if you want. However, the oil helps distribute the color and scent evenly into the salt, and adds a little boost of moisture to the overall product. This is great for people who love the soothing nature of bath salts, but have problems with dry skin. If the dry skin problem is major, use more of the mineral or olive oil to compensate.

By Aysha from Boise, Idaho

I was wondering how long this lasts? If I made it now for Christmas presents, is it going to last until Christmas? Thanks! I love this idea!

March 25, 2008 Flag

These homemade scrubbing bath salts are fantastic as a gift to a friend or to yourself! They're easy and cheap to make, they work wonderfully, and are extremely simple to personalize.

Silky Scrub Bath Salts

March 17, 2009 Flag

I love this scent combination when my body is feeling tired. But buying it at the store is much too expensive. So I figured out how to make my own eucalyptus spearmint blend.

Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Salts

May 1, 2014 Flag

Great for Grandma presents!

May 6, 2009 Flag

Show Mom how much you appreciate her by giving her some homemade bath salt for Mother's Day.

Mother's Day Bath Salts

October 19, 2011 Flag

I use 3 cups of Epsom salts. Place one cup in three separate bowls. Use 15 drops of food colouring in each bowl; leave one white, also. This can be done in a jar with a lid. Use green and red colouring.

November 24, 2010 Flag

Here is a bath salt I made. So relaxing and also great for gifts. Mix salts in a bowl, then add essential oils and food coloring (start with 8 drops or so and add more as needed).

February 2, 2011 Flag

Making bath salts is not only easy, but it's super fun and something your whole family will enjoy doing together. To make the recipe, just mix all ingredients in a large glass bowl, then store in an attractive covered container.

December 14, 2005 Flag

Beautiful and cheap bath salts for any occasion.

January 8, 2005 Flag

Use this to revitalize your tired muscles:

November 15, 2004 Flag

I have found that when you have a bottle of bath gel and want to make it go farther, find a nice glass jar, one that has a good lid on it, and pour some Epson salts in the jar, then pour the bath gel over the salts. You now have a great scrub!

February 7, 2011 Flag

My daughters went to some sort of party (the pocketbook kind) and spent almost 50 dollars for this! I just stared at them.

December 22, 2004 Flag

Mix dry ingredients together first. Sift. Add scent. Mix well then sift together to incorporate the scent.

December 22, 2004 Flag

December 22, 2004 Flag

Mix dry ingredients together first. Sift. Add scent. Mix well then sift together to incorporate the scent...

December 22, 2004 Flag

Load More
Crafts Bath & Beauty BathFebruary 12, 2013
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Organizing Bath Toys
Organizing Bath Toys
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Hand in Rose Petal Water
Homemade Spa Bath Recipes
🎉
🎄