Homemade Bath Salts Recipes

A warm bath with aromatic bath salts added can be very relaxing. This is a guide about homemade bath salts recipes.

April 26, 2011 Flag

Its easier than you think! All you need is 1/4 cup Epsom salts and 1/4 cup sea, kosher, or rock salt stirred together in a glass bowl for one unscented bath soak Of course, you can mix up oodles of extra to place in glass jars with tight fitting lids.

Want scented bath salts instead of unscented? Simply stir in the amount of scent strength you desire of your favorite 'pure essential oil' and you're good to go! Oh, the scented salts store well too. My personal favorite assorted scents are eucalyptus (stimulating), jasmine (relaxing), lavender (calming), orange (refreshing), rose (relaxing) and ylang ylang (which is both relaxing and stimulating).

By Deeli from Richland, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 9 Comments

January 11, 2017 Flag

This is a guide about making Mother's Day bath salts. A container of Homemade bath salts is an easy project for an older child to make as a gift for their mom.

A jar of bath salts for Mother's Day.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 1, 2014 Flag

Great for Grandma presents!

Source: From my Child Care folder!

• 2 cups Epsom salts or sea salt
  • 1/2 cup dried powdered milk
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal not instant
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • Optional: cinnamon powder, vanilla or almond extract, fragrance or essential oils

1. Grind the oats into a fine powder using a blender, food processor or coffee grinder. This is for the adult! I always did it the night before.
  2. In a bowl, have the kids combine the salts with milk.
  3. Add powdered oatmeal mixture, then the honey and oil.
  4. Mix thoroughly. It's a bit difficult to mix the honey in. Kids can use clean hands to make the task easier! Add powdered cinnamon for scent, color and herbal benefits if you want too, (cinnamon is invigorating and warming, excellent for tired feet and muscles). You can also add vanilla, peppermint or almond extract at this point, for a lovely fragrance.
  5. Related Content(article continues below)
  6. Put in a pretty jar!

To use: Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup to a warm bath. Soak, and relax. Salts are purifying, and help relax muscles and soothe aches and sprains. Powdered milk is moisturizing, just ask Cleopatra!

Honey is natural, it attracts moisture to the skin, while soothing it. This is an excellent soak anytime but is especially useful for any rashes, skin irritations or sunburns. Oatmeal is also soothing to skin.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 24, 2010 Flag

Here is a bath salt I made. So relaxing and also great for gifts.

Directions:

Mix salts in a bowl, then add essential oils and food coloring (start with 8 drops or so and add more as needed). Then mix in chamomile. Package in cello bags or canning jars. Use 1 cup of salts per bath. Enjoy!

Source: My own recipe written on my blog http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com

By Freya1970 from Halifax, NS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 2, 2011 Flag

Making bath salts is not only easy, but it's super fun and something your whole family will enjoy doing together. To make the recipe, just mix all ingredients in a large glass bowl, then store in an attractive covered container.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 8, 2005 Flag

Use this to revitalize your tired muscles:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 15, 2004 Flag

I have found that when you have a bottle of bath gel and want to make it go farther, find a nice glass jar, one that has a good lid on it, and pour some Epson salts in the jar, then pour the bath gel over the salts. You now have a great scrub!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 7, 2011 Flag

My daughters went to some sort of party (the pocketbook kind) and spent almost 50 dollars for this! I just stared at them.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 22, 2004 Flag

Mix dry ingredients together first. Sift. Add scent. Mix well then sift together to incorporate the scent.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 22, 2004 Flag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 22, 2004 Flag

Mix dry ingredients together first. Sift. Add scent. Mix well then sift together to incorporate the scent...

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 22, 2004 Flag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 27, 2004 Flag

My "Secret" recipe for bath salts

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 4, 2014 Flag

Where can I find the best deals on salts, jars, and essential oils?

By Makeila

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 7, 2014 Flag

Can I use vanilla flavoring to scent my bath salts instead of essential oils? I bought an almond flavor and can't smell a thing.

By Sherry P

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 13, 2014 Flag

Could I please get a recipe, as I'm thinking of a homemade Christmas.

By Tracey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 26, 2011 Flag

You can make your own bath salts by using the following ingredients.

• Herbs from the back yard. Lemon balm, lavender,and sage work really well.

• Sea Salt or soaking salts.

• Glass jar with lid.

Pick the herb you want to use. In the glass jar, start layering the salts and herbs, starting with a layer of salt and ending with a layer of salt. Close the lid tightly and store the jar in a dark place (I use the back of my closet) for two weeks to one month. Then pour out the salts and throw away the herbs.

Place the salts in decorative containers and enjoy or give as gifts. I use empty plastic food sprinkle containers decorated with stickers.

Source: My Irish grandmother thought me how to make this. I brought it with me when I came to the states.

By McCollonough from TN

Answers:

Make Your Own Bath Salts

I like to use some baking soda and Epsom salts as well. The soda softens the skin and the Epsom is good for sore muscles so it's a nice combo. I found that some people don't like herbs floating in their bathtub so if you add herbs, include a muslin bag to put the salts in so it catches the herbs. The bag can stay in the tub though! (11/25/2009)

By freya1970

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 24, 2009 Flag

How do you make bath salts?

WarriorPride from Lenoir, NC

Answers:

Make Your Own Bath Salts

2-4 Tablespoons is what I usually use of dry instant milk which is so cheap by the box. It is a conditioner and softener for the skin, kinda like milk soap. (07/26/2004)

By Danielle

Make Your Own Bath Salts

Mmine is 4 cups epsom salt to one cup powdered milk. Try adding baking soda too.(01/19/2006)

By acesnanna

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 29, 2009 Flag

How do you make bath salts?

WarriorPride from Lenoir, NC

Answers:

Bath Cookies

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together all the ingredients. Take a teaspoon of the dough and roll it gently into a ball (about an inch in diameter). Continue doing this with all the dough and place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Do not over bake. Allow the cookies to cool completely. To use: drop 1 or 2 cookies into a warm bath and allow to dissolve.

24 cookies, enough for 12 baths.
(03/09/2007)

By Karen

Recipes for Making Bath Salts

Epsom Salt is actually VERY beneficial to persons with high blood pressure. It's a mineral compound composed of magnesium and sulfur in the form of Magnesium Sulfate. Magnesium, an electrolyte, actually lowers blood pressure and is readily absorbed by the skin. I started using Epsom Salt for muscle and joint pain. The uses and benefits of Epsom Salt are wide range and significant. Uses include health, beauty and gardening. The Epsom Salt Council website is an informative and interesting site.

(03/27/2007)

By T. Smith Lexington, Kentucky

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 9, 2006 Flag

I was wondering if there is a easy way to make your own bath salts. I love to relax in the bath and I get gift baskets all the time. I love the bath salts and was just wondering. It would be greatly appreciated because I have to give a gift basket in july.

Soulegal

Answers:

Recipes for Making Bath Salts

Here are some recipes that have been posted in the past here on ThriftyFun:

Have fun! (01/04/2005)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Recipes for Making Bath Salts

I use epsom salt mixed equally with sea salt add a few drops of essential oil fragrance, and food coloring sparingly for color. (01/05/2005)

By Barbie

Recipes for Making Bath Salts

Try this. Its easy and you can vary it with many different scents and personal touches. Makes a beautiful gift when put in a unique glass jar!!

The Salt Blend:

Lavender Bath Salts:

Another variation:

Another Variation:

(01/07/2005)

By Great Recipes!

Recipes for Making Bath Salts

I cannot remember the ladies name. She requested how to make homemade bath salts. I saw a recipe somewhere on the web. Here goes.

You can add a small amount of food coloring paste (kind used for cake decorating). Only if desired.

Stir salt really well. The more you stir the more the smell comes out.

Pour into pretty glass jars. Mason, baby food, jelly etc.

Add several TBSP bath salt into warm bath water. (01/09/2005)

By Betty

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Bath & Beauty BathFebruary 12, 2013
A jar of bath salts for Mother's Day.
Making Mother's Day Bath Salts
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Hand in Rose Petal Water
Homemade Spa Bath Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 9:08:47 AM on 10.0.0.126 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.