Homemade Valentine's Day Decorations

You can increase the fun associated with Valentine's Day by making your own decorations, whether simple or more elaborate. This is a guide about homemade Valentine's Day decorations.

Love Through the Years Wreath - Finished wreath.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Use a new or recycled wreath to display Valentine mementos from years gone by. This is a guide about assembling a Valentine love through the years wreath.

A lacy heart from white doilies, for a napkin rings.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

These pretty, easy to make napkin rings will help you set a romantic Valentine's Day table. This guide contains instructions for making lacy Valentine napkin rings.

A Valentine's Day garland made from recycled plastic hearts.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Recycled craft projects are doubly satisfying, not only do you have a lovely or useful craft item, but your are recycling and repurposing materials that would have gone to the landfill. This is a guide explains how to make a heart garland from recycled milk jugs or other thin plastic containers.

Completed table setting.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

You can still decorate for Valentine's Day without breaking the bank. This guide contains ideas for budget-friendly decorations for Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day Wreaths

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

An attractive, creative holiday decoration you can make is a wreath. This guide contains Valentine's day wreaths.

Thread some yarn through small paper heart shaped doilies and tie to your chandeliers or light for a pretty accent for Valentine's Day!

This is such an easy yet pretty craft. These are made from plastic coated paper clips found at the local dollar store.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

First sort out the clips according to the colors you want in your garland than clip them together alternating the colors. I used red, white and pink in mine.

The nice thing is you can make this any size you want. From just one pack of clips I had enough for a 4 foot garland. These would also be great to hang on a window or doorway to hang your valentines or banners with.

I hope you enjoy these.

By Cinnamonrosecottage from York County, PA

Lovely idea

Make your own valentine tabletop tree decoration. I have tabletop tree that I decorate for each holiday. Obviously for Christmas it has small Christmas ornaments; however, I thought it was so cute I wanted to change it for each holiday or season.

For Valentine's Day, I copy and paste valentines on my computer program, duplicate each one and then flip one, so they can be glued together, so that the graphic can be seen on each side. I then put a small string hanger on each of them with a needle and thread. Also punch a hole and put those valentines on the end of the limbs of the tree to provide more color and decor.

By DiAnne from Leesburg, FL

How cute, I'll make a small tree, from tree limbs.So I can do the same thing.

Sparkleheart! I've been experimenting with turning a sparkleball into a sparkleheart for Valentine's Day. So far so good, but if anybody else wants to give it a try, jump in!

By Sparkleball Lady from San Diego

I didnt see a link for the heart one, only snowman etc. There is a picture of the heart one, but you cant click on it for instructions.

Editor's note: The link is http://www.sparkleball.com

I bought all the supplies at my local Dollar Tree store. I used a small gift box with lid included. I used small square floral Styrofoam inside the box. I cut the stems of the silk flowers and arranged them to make this beautiful silk floral Valentine arrangement.

Valentine banner.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Instead of the traditional Valentine cards for mom, dad, a grandparent or friend, make special banners to send your message.

For Valentine's Day deco, I punched out hearts with one of my heart punches (about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide) out of red paint chips and glued skewers onto the back of them.