Upcycled Valentine Decorations
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
February 9, 2021
If you ever buy these seasonal Valentine Candy canes, save the packaging. Upcycle them into a backdrop decoration (like I did) or you can use for decoration at your front door.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Empty Valentines Candy Cane Packaging
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paint + paint brush
- Optional Confetti
- Optional Sticker ribbon
- Fill the empty cane with rocks so it can stand on its own.
- Seal the top with masking tape so nothing falls out.
- Wrap masking tape around to cover logo and prep for paint. I found using strips vertically for masking tape works best. Repeat the process for the rest of your canes.
- Paint to the color of your liking and allow to dry. Optional: You can add confetti, or glitter if you want too.
- Decorate trim if you want, I used sticker ribbon.
- Using string or ribbon - figure out the distance between you'd like them to be and use masking tape or you can tie around the heart. Display outside or inside.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.