BedroomHome Decor

Honeycomb Hexagon Personalized Shelf

Honeycomb hexagon shelves are very popular and trendy right now. On handcrafted websites these hexagon shelves range anywhere from $15+ and up for regular plain ones. They are more expensive if you want them to be personalized. I purchased this plain hexagon wooden shelf at Target for $7. The method I am showing you would be cute and ideal for a baby, toddler, or child's room.

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: As many as you want

1. Using a white piece of paper trace the hexagon base as your template. You will continue to trim your template until the white paper fits the base. Once you have your template, trace onto your choice of paper and cut it out.
  2. To add more personalized features, I used masking tape around the trim on the inside and outside, so I can paint the top of the hexagon, red. Allow paint to dry for a 5-10 minutes.
  3. Ready to mod podge your paper down to the base. Apply mod podge on the base and on top of your paper. Allow to dry. Remove tape.
  4. Once dried, you are ready to display items you child wants inside and you can hang on the wall (which I will be doing later).