How To Open The Wet Jet Battery Compartment

How do I open the battery compartment on a Swiffer Wet Jet?

eelane from Weatherford, TX

Answers:

Right below the gray thumb size thingy is a lever, just push down on it and it flips open. Might take a little pressure. Don't give up. (07/12/2007)

By ruthvalleygal

The battery compartment is faulty and very frustrating. I took someone's advice and pushed on the compartment below the gray thumb thingy and it broke. Surely with such a neat idea they could come up with a battery compartment that is not designed faulty. I don't think I will buy another. (06/19/2008)

By Wanda

I read the other complaints about the compartment and proceeded to destroy mine, too, trying to open what I thought was the battery compartment. I unscrewed everything, and finally ended up using a BIG screwdriver to pry the thing apart into many little pieces. I was amazed to find no batteries anywhere. On the way down to the garage to throw the darn thing out, I saw 4 batteries and a plastic case laying on the ground. It's so easy to remove that it removed itself! The trick to it? There is a little green tab. You might want to insert a flat screwdriver into the slot above to push down gently. (12/22/2008)

By EdgeWalker

It is simple when you know what to push. It is just under the bottle where the letters CE are, there is a green tab, push it down and the cover comes out with four batteries in it ,you will need a screwdriver to wedge the batteries out. Good Luck. It would be nice if they labeled it properly. (02/14/2009)

By hoodsie

WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
🎄