How to Get Rid of Snakes!

I have found a snake in my home. It was brown with lighter colored brown stripes. How can I be sure I will not be getting any unwanted guests anymore. I want to call someone, but don't know who to call.

Tracie from Central, Florida

Answers:

How to Get Rid of Snakes!

My Dad was just telling me his trick, his property is very hilly and wooded and snakes scare the bejeezees out of his wife. He sprays turpentine around the areas he doesn't want snakes. Hasn't seen one in years. (08/14/2008)

By msburny

How to Get Rid of Snakes!

I have heard that anything with sulfur in it might actually draw snakes, the egg smell since they sometimes eat bird eggs. Down here we have a lot of what they call rat snakes, and they can clean out a chicken coup of eggs in a hurry. (08/14/2008)

By SusanLee

How to Get Rid of Snakes!

There is a device that makes ultra sound noises to keep snakes at bay. You plug it in and make a screeching noise. Humans can't hear. It's sensitive to all sorts of animals including mice to keep away. You can buy it at your local source future shop, etc. (08/15/2008)

How to Get Rid of Snakes!

Edie is right. Cats will take care of snakes. I lived in Louisiana for 20 years. I lived in dread of snakes coming in. I guess I would try to figure where they were getting in, maybe try a snake trap baited with eggs. I was always afraid to garden as you could reach in and get a "snake surprise". They especially liked to hang out in the strawberry patch. One time I cut the grass & somehow ran over a snake. I was so frightened, I left the lawn mower running & went into the house. The mower ran for an hour or so, until it ran out of gas. (08/16/2008)

By mulberry204

How to Get Rid of Snakes!

Good suggestions. I don't want to kill snakes as I fully appreciate their value in nature. But the snakes in my yard are slithering up the brick steps (which are sunny and HOT several hours a day) and then living under the first-second clapboard of the house! This is perplexing me because the lowest clapboard is a minimum of 18"off the ground and the driveway touches the entire foundation on this side-there are no gardens, shrubs, etc. near the door. I don't want them in the cellar (found 2 last Fall)-don't want them damaging whatever is under the clapboards. Any suggestions? (09/22/2008)

By JB

How to Get Rid of Snakes!

We just bought a house and are in the process of remolding, while doing some work there we found a baby copperhead in our basement hallway right inside the door. The next day we found another one dead about the size of a large worm. Does this mean there is a den and what should we do? (10/26/2008)

By Julie

Snake coiled in an evergreen tree.
Getting Rid of Snakes
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Copperhead snake against a white background
Keeping Copperhead Snakes Out of Your Yard
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
🎉
🎄